Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mississauga, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of them is supposed to be in Meadowvale so that narrows that one down. Who knows about the other one - it might make sense to have one father south along either the 403 or QEW since there will likely be a bunch farther north along the 401 or 407 - including the aforementioned Meadowvale.

One of them is supposed to be in Meadowvale so that narrows that one down. Who knows about the other one - it might make sense to have one father south along either the 403 or QEW since there will likely be a bunch farther north along the 401 or 407 - including the aforementioned Meadowvale.

With all the activity at other locations in Ontario wondering if work has started....

Nothing yet, though I'm guessing perhaps the contract went to a company currently working on one of the other sites and they'll move over here when finished. Having just determined that the mall at Winston Churchill and Argentia is called Smart Centre Meadowvale, I think we can call that one a safe bet. Still looking for another CF property or Smart Centre in Mississauga for the other location. I never cared so much about what company owned a mall until now. :)

Nothing yet, though I'm guessing perhaps the contract went to a company currently working on one of the other sites and they'll move over here when finished. Having just determined that the mall at Winston Churchill and Argentia is called Smart Centre Meadowvale, I think we can call that one a safe bet. Still looking for another CF property or Smart Centre in Mississauga for the other location. I never cared so much about what company owned a mall until now. :)

10 minutes from my house. I'd say that's a perfect location. Between home charging and a supercharger 10 minutes I'm golden.

Why are you assuming that they are going in smart centre malls? I would be fine with that it is 10 min from home, just wondering if you have source. On their map ine looks like Mavis between 401/407. Nothing really there as far as ammenities. The other looks like Square One. Both areas make sense as they are close to 400 series Hwy.

Why are you assuming that they are going in smart centre malls? I would be fine with that it is 10 min from home, just wondering if you have source. On their map ine looks like Mavis between 401/407. Nothing really there as far as ammenities. The other looks like Square One. Both areas make sense as they are close to 400 series Hwy.

The indicators on the map are meaningless; they are simply stuck to the middle of the city name. That's been discussed thoroughly in other threads, so I'll leave it at that.

Also noted in another thread (or threads, sorry, don't recall which one(s) off hand), Tesla appears to have struck deals with Cadillac Fairview and Smart Centres for super chargers in southern Ontario. Aside from Vaughan Mills, all locations currently under construction are in malls owned by one of the two aforementioned companies.

Square One is unlikely. South Common mall is the more likely location (managed by Smart Centres and not that far from the 403 on Erin Mills Parkway).

Having just determined that the mall at Winston Churchill and Argentia is called Smart Centre Meadowvale, I think we can call that one a safe bet.
better be, I've got a Coke riding on it. And I have to eat my hat if it's not there.

Good point about SmartCentre. Vaughn Mills is owned by IvanhoeCambridge. Here's their list of other ontario properties...

Property Name Location Country
Mapleview Shopping Centre Burlington Canada
Outlet Collection at Niagara Niagara-on-the-Lake Canada
Oshawa Centre Oshawa Canada
Bayshore Shopping Centre Ottawa Canada
Fairview Mall Toronto CanadaConestoga Mall Waterloo Canada

Smart Centres would be a list about 4 miles long but includes the ones you mentioned which would make a ton of sense. Southcommon is also close to the QEW.

I was just at the Sheridan Centre on Erin Mills, and they've fenced off a good section of the parking lot and have started to cut up the pavement in a nice rectangular pattern. I don't see any Tesla equipment anywhere so this is just a guess, but it is in Mississauga and close to the QEW. Tim's and McD's nearby - and Taco Bell/KFC for those who don't like themselves. :)

I'd bet a pint of Guinness on it!

Maybe, but I would have thought that somewhere along the 403 would be better as we have the one at Sherway and presumably the Meadowvale SC will be near 401/407/Winston Churchill. Therefore it would be useful to have one on the 403 as well so that all four of the major East-West highways in the West end of the GTA have an SC.

Reactions: Eco Capitalist
I was just at the Sheridan Centre on Erin Mills, and they've fenced off a good section of the parking lot and have started to cut up the pavement in a nice rectangular pattern. I don't see any Tesla equipment anywhere so this is just a guess, but it is in Mississauga and close to the QEW. Tim's and McD's nearby - and Taco Bell/KFC for those who don't like themselves. :)

I'd bet a pint of Guinness on it!

the former Eaton Sheridan Place nice. That's a bit easier to deal with than Sherway.

People blocking up the spaces won't be a concern...that poor mall is dead.

Maybe, but I would have thought that somewhere along the 403 would be better as we have the one at Sherway and presumably the Meadowvale SC will be near 401/407/Winston Churchill. Therefore it would be useful to have one on the 403 as well so that all four of the major East-West highways in the West end of the GTA have an SC.
the 403 is only a 35 kms long extension though. It starts basically at the northeast corner of Mississauaga and ends at Ford Drive on the western edge of Mississauga. Certainly doesn't need or warrant it's own supercharger.

If you're heading west through there you can hit Limeridge or Grimsby. If you're heading east and to the north you can hit any number of the 905 north superchargers. If you're heading straight east, you can hit pickering. Point being you don't really need to charge in that corridor because you can either charge before or after you get to it.

From the west edge of Burlington to Pickering is only 100 kms for perspective. Unless you're driving a 40 and it's -20 and you love having the heat on and have 21" wheels with a roof rack that has a fridge on it, you should never need to charge through the 403. Need is the key word of course. Some may just want to and I get that. My mom lives just off the 403 so I'd love a charger conveniently located to allow me to charge somewhere around there.

Don't forget that these SCs aren't just for highway travel, Tesla is building out urban sites for folks that can't charge at home.

And the Hamilton Limeridge charger is not well located for highway travellers. It should have been put near the 403 or QEW.

What do you mean by 403/QEW/Gardner? The 403 and Gardiner don’t meet at all. The Gardiner ends/begins at the 427 - it used to be at the Humber but that changed a few years ago. Sherway Gardens is right there at the junction of the QEW/Gardiner/427. Is that what you meant?