Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mississauga, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
O look, Miss is gone from the map.
5494BB8A-D3F1-4234-A93F-B5E223A8B441.jpeg

I charge at home every day but have had a couple of instances where a top up would have been nice. I noticed there is charging at the cell phone lot at the airport which is perfect.

Other than that I'm driving to Sherway which is quite out of the way especially with traffic

I charge at home every day but have had a couple of instances where a top up would have been nice. I noticed there is charging at the cell phone lot at the airport which is perfect.

Other than that I'm driving to Sherway which is quite out of the way especially with traffic
Unless you drive so much each day that you have to top off to make it home, you will not get a reasonable payback from a Chademo charger even if you can charge for free at the airport cell phone lot. One have to note that when you charge there at say 40kw (usual max rate of a Chademo), you will be burning a lot of time... is it really worth it? 40kw is like $6/hr even at peak electricity rate, is that worth it?

Unless you drive so much each day that you have to top off to make it home, you will not get a reasonable payback from a Chademo charger even if you can charge for free at the airport cell phone lot. One have to note that when you charge there at say 40kw (usual max rate of a Chademo), you will be burning a lot of time... is it really worth it? 40kw is like $6/hr even at peak electricity rate, is that worth it?
Yes. Are you talking about the price w/ a CHAdeMO adapter?

Yes. Are you talking about the price w/ a CHAdeMO adapter?
Yeah, given the expense of a Chademo adapter of $400 or so, it doesn’t seem like a worthwhile investment to have it just in case. Not for me who can charge at home. If you cannot charge at home or work, and have a Chademo at your destination (at and enroute because of the slower speed), but do not have a supercharger near route then it may be helpful. I would rather stick with hybrid or efficient ICE until I can get charger if I have to sit and wait 1hr+ a couple times a week for Chademo charge as the only charging option.

Reactions: MarcoRP
Had this message pop up today on the way home ... I had an unusually long drive coupled by some really bad traffic on the 401.

I ended up charging at the fashion outlets. Luckily there are L2s off the highway in milton or I would have been in trouble

Attachments

• 20181017_171608~2.jpg
    20181017_171608~2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 55