Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Missoula, MT - Highway 93 North (LIVE 25 Jan 2024, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at the map, Kalispell, MT is the only location that doesn't already have a Supercharger.
But even just replacing the current v2 with v3 would be a help.
Agreed, in the winter the superchargers are oftentimes empty and have nobody using them. During the summer when we have tons of out of state visitors the supercharger network becomes slammed with constant wait times like a scene straight out of SoCal. So these V3's will do a huge amount in taking the load off the V2 network which turns 10 years old next year!

Looking at the map, Kalispell, MT is the only location that doesn't already have a Supercharger.
But even just replacing the current v2 with v3 would be a help.
St Regis also does not. there is one down the road in Superior, but this is a FAR better location. Butte's old one is sort of a pain to get in and out of, and thus one is just far better for driving through. Glad to see Town Pump stepping up.

St Regis also does not. there is one down the road in Superior, but this is a FAR better location. Butte's old one is sort of a pain to get in and out of, and thus one is just far better for driving through. Glad to see Town Pump stepping up.
Thank you! I misread and though it was Superior. I couldn't find a Town Pump location in St Regis.
35 Old U.S. 10, St Regis, MT address is the address of the St Regis Travel Center dog park, across the road from the St Regis Travel Center , which is 5 Old U.S. 10, St Regis, MT.

St Regis, MT will be a Splitter! of Coeur d'Alene, ID to Superior, MT, which is 109.3 miles so it's a great addition.

The list:
2711 N Frontage Rd, Lockwood, MT (E of Billings) - This will add a location better for US-87.
561 Business Hub Dr, Belgrade, MT (NW of Bozeman) - On the route Helena, MT to West Yellowstone, MT
1000 Grizzly Trail, Butte Silver Bow, MT (W of Butte)
8745 Hwy 93 N, Wye, MT (This location, NW of Missoula)
35 Old U.S. 10, St Regis, MT. Dog Park address, opposite St Regis Travel Center, which would make more sense as a location. Streetview does not indicate any crosswalk between the two, but it shows somebody crossing the road with their dog from the Dog Park to the Travel Center.
859 W Reserve Dr, Kalispell, MT - North side of Kalispell, just north of a mall area. On US-93. A few miles off US-2, but actually a very small diversion overall for people traveling US-2.

The new Missoula (Wye) is a blue triangle, I"ve added custom locations for the other addresses:

1679779408516.png

Last edited:
35 Old U.S. 10, St Regis, MT address is the address of the St Regis Travel Center dog park, which is 5 Old U.S. 10, St Regis, MT.
the travel center is a town pump I believe. I assume they are putting it across the street because the travel center parking lot is already a cluster.

Streetview does not indicate any crosswalk between the two, but it shows somebody crossing the road with their dog from the Dog Park to the Travel Center.
yea, there isn't one that I know of. people just run across. it's a pretty good huckleberry shake over there (though, I don't think it's the world's best as they claim)

I will be thankful for the few more miles up the road. At 190 miles to current closest without crossing the border every bit helps. More so in the winter. When one only has so much to spare to charge the car each day coming in dry is hard.

Let's not give too much credit to to Town Pump. They walked away from some other VW grant money in rural areas for "issues" as they called them to supply the same thing they do in the Whitefish TP. A throttled fast charger by the minute. Please review plugshare before giving props to a pile. My local area is mostly hydro. I gladly pay to charge.

I will be thankful for the few more miles up the road. At 190 miles to current closest without crossing the border every bit helps. More so in the winter. When one only has so much to spare to charge the car each day coming in dry is hard.

Let's not give too much credit to to Town Pump. They walked away from some other VW grant money in rural areas for "issues" as they called them to supply the same thing they do in the Whitefish TP. A throttled fast charger by the minute. Please review plugshare before giving props to a pile.
Agreed, Town Pump is NOT a company to praise. They're doing this for the money and not because they want to further EVs. They cancelled all the rural chargers, tying up the public funds for TWO YEARS. The only project that ever went in the ground was Whitefish. At one point they had the charger locked at 29 kW and 0.20/min. Only show in town made it a requirement to get anywhere timely. It would still be 29 kW today if the Kia dealership in Kalispell didn't open their chargers to the public.

Agreed, Town Pump is NOT a company to praise. They're doing this for the money and not because they want to further EVs. They cancelled all the rural chargers, tying up the public funds for TWO YEARS. The only project that ever went in the ground was Whitefish. At one point they had the charger locked at 29 kW and 0.20/min. Only show in town made it a requirement to get anywhere timely. It would still be 29 kW today if the Kia dealership in Kalispell didn't open their chargers to the public.

Wait, Town Pump isn't going to build those planned CCS/CHAdeMO chargers after all??

I stopped by this location yesterday, there is lots of spraypaint and flags at this specific location detailed in the previous dig reports. The same company also performed the trenching for the Saint Regis site so this is pretty definitively for the superchargers which will be located in the red.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-27 at 10.08.20 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-27 at 10.08.20 PM.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 92
Excuse that I didn’t take a photo but the wrapped chargers are in place and the inverters are installed. They are as expected at the Town Pump next to road in front of McDonalds.
I went to see Gary Clark Jr Wednesday night and saw them as I drove by. Really convenient location.

Reactions: IdaX