Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That sure looks like it could be Supercharger construction starting. The concrete forming is typical for putting in pedestals.

Did you see any big conduits under the concrete forms, Supercharger gear, Tesla labeled crates, or Schneider/Square-D labeled crates in the area? Any of those would confirm it.

no but there were some workers out there so i didnt hang around long. If we are back that way tomorrow i will try and grab some more pics.

If you look close at the yellow bundle it looks like it could be pedastals laying on their side wrapped together. Looks like 4?

I agree. I tried to find a pic of another SuperCharger installation that might show the same image but I did not locate one. Perhaps more pictures will provde a better view. I would be surprised with just a four charger station, but I'd be happy with any quantity!!

That rectangular cut into the concrete sure looks like where the pedestals would go... here's hoping this gets confirmed soon. This charger would make the I-10 corridor a 100% supercharger route to Texas for owners with the 85 battery (sorry 60's! :-/). Dying to take a road trip out west... this would make it so much more manageable otherwise I'd probably have to stop and spend the night somewhere between greenville, AL and baton Rouge coming from the Atlanta area, and that's just not far enough to drive in a single day! :)

Ok, so not pedestals but conduit. The concrete forms really look like a Supercharger site. Given the location I think this is definitely the Mobile Supercharger. Nice pics Jvmoore1! Thanks!
For those of us in Florida with 85s this is the Last link needed to Supercharge our way to Texas!

Some thoughts and observations about the Mobile SuperCharger:

- It looks like there are 2 Concrete Pads being prepared
- I expect that one will be for the Charging and switching cabinets
- I believe the other will be for the transformer
- In looking around I don't see an existing transformer or any distribution primary circuits (or 3 phase taps with underground dips on poles)
- I believe the primary feed for the mall is an underground circuit (and may loop around the property?)
- It looks like the smaller pad (for the transformer?) may need to have a trench dug from the pad to a tap point for the primary circuit
- It looks like the trench may have already been started (about 3 or 4 feet)?

I believe that AlabamaPower is the electric provider for Mobile, I wonder how quickly they move to drop and install a large >=500KVA transformer...?

I'm also hoping that all of the Tesla SuperCharger equipment is already on-site and being stored in the red metal storage container.

C'mon, guys. I need this up and running by Friday morning. Nothing too unreasonable about that. :wink:

Wow! And I thought I was being aggressive with needing it by 4/22! :biggrin:

Here are my 2 backup plans if it's not on-line by my date:

- Chris Myers Nissan (29788 Fredrick Blvd, Daphne AL 36526)
- Benson Appliance Center (501 N. Mckenzie St., Foley, AL, 36535)

Good luck!!

My son drove through Mobile on his way to a film shoot in Virginia with his Tiny Cinema project today, Davey B. Gravey's next ORIGINAL TINY MOVIE! by David B. Weaver Kickstarter.

He did the road trip with me from Colorado to California last year in the Tesla MS and has a good idea of what Superchargers are and has a good eye with a camera.

Many of this crew worked on the Supercharger in Denver near the airport.

Here are his pics. Mobile is making good progress!!!

IMG_2432.JPG

IMG_2433.JPG

IMG_2434.JPG

IMG_2435.JPG

IMG_2436.JPG

IMG_2437.JPG

IMG_2438.JPG

IMG_2439.JPG

IMG_2440.JPG

IMG_2441.JPG

IMG_2443.JPG

Fantastic set of pictures! Thank you!
What are the white piles off material? Will they fill the holes with it before they pour?
Also, I assume at some point they remove the cross members in the form so the pad is one continuos slab?

My son drove through Mobile on his way to a film shoot in Virginia with his Tiny Cinema project today

Cottonwood!!! Awesome job!!! Please tell your son thank you so much!!! Great pics!!!!

One question, do you know what day he took these photos?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm struggling a bit with counting the pedestals, do you guys see a potential for 8? One of them looks a bit off in it's spacing but maybe it's final location is not quite set yet...? I believe I saw 6 stalls on Supercharge.info...could it be more?

Cottonwood!!! Awesome job!!! Please tell your son thank you so much!!! Great pics!!!!

One question, do you know what day he took these photos?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm struggling a bit with counting the pedestals, do you guys see a potential for 8? One of them looks a bit off in it's spacing but maybe it's final location is not quite set yet...? I believe I saw 6 stalls on Supercharge.info...could it be more?

1. I think he was saying that his son drove through today, not drove through and then did the film shoot today, so that would be today... that sounds so confusing but makes sense inside my head...

2. Looks like there are 4 spots for the charging stacks, so that would imply 8 stalls, unless they were laying extra conduit for later expansion which they sometimes do. Probably not, 8 stalls seems to be the default for main routes now.