Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Way to go Tesla Motors!!!

With the activation of Mobile Supercharger on Thursday, the Texas/Louisiana/Oklahoma Island is now connected to the Southeast (at least if driving an S85).
Along with the activation of Perry, OK on Wednesday, FINALLY, people can travel from Florida to the Central, Western States and West Coast without having to use I-95 (or possibly the MidWest).

Very shortly the I-10 to I-40 (via I-35) East to West contingent will be connected.
Just one or two more Superchargers and the path is really completed and viable.

After those routes are filled in a bit more, I can now see I-20 Atlanta to DFW (and further directly West to Tucson maybe via I-10) as being one of the next Supercharger routes.
What a great time to be alive and witnessing history.

I like the layout of this Mobile Supercharger. Seems like you have more flexibility in parking. It decreases the risk of being ICE'd. And to a degree, it allows "queueing up" for a Supercharger when the whole thing is full (that's way in the future of course)

I've been waiting for this one to come online. Now I can get from Austin to some relatives in Atlanta.

Do the two dogs both fit in your S ?
We have a pair of Mastiffs and are trying to figure out if they can fit or not :)
My two Weims fit they did good on my round trip FL-AZ-FL. Laid two dog beds down with rear seats down. Mobile charger location is mostly concrete but across the street there is a vacant grass lot.

- - - Updated - - -

The contractor I talked to said he was doing it yesterday. My guess it's done as long as the rain held up. You can still charge anyways.

Well I'm finally here! Love's of déjà vue as I've been coming to this page daily for six weeks as we prepped for our trip from the Texas Hill Country to Savannah and Hilton Head! Lucky for us the SuperCharger officially opened yesterday!! First I want to thank Ed Benson and many other folks for repeatedly coming to the mall, checking on the site and posting status updates!!! Thank you all so much!! But also many many thanks to the SuperCharger team and the installation crews for working so hard to build out the next generation of charging infrastructure!!!

as you can see from the photos the team completed the sealant and stripping of the parking area.

And that is our baby, Catalina absorbing and organizing tons of stripped off electrons!!!

It also looks like they had to do a small patch where the primary entered the underground feed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 272
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 346
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 278
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 276
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 270
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 276
Great news, and thanks for the pics. This SC showed up in navigation this morning, so I did a quick check of the Houston -> Greenville, GA supercharger route (for my 19" P85). I was amused to see that I'd be passing through Albert Lea, MN on the way...

I don't know if this is just a beta software "funny" or a case where the current routing software is written so conservatively that the Slidell, LA SC is required to make that a feasible route (as far as the algorithm is concerned, at any rate).