Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mojave, CA - 16870 CA-14 (Mojave Thai Cuisine, LIVE 24 Oct 2023, 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's open. I charged. It's not yet on the car map but it cost the same as the other stations nearby ($0.36/kWh).

This station is definitely an odd one, and I can't explain it all.

It has 18 stalls arranged around 3 sides, with an island in the center for chargers/transformers, plus more chargers in one corner. Two handicap stalls are located separately, near the Mojave Thai building. By Mojave standards, those two other stalls could have been called their own station.

For those uninitiated see my post above, there are three separate stations within an eighth of a mile: the 2015 original with 12 stalls (4x V3, 6x V2, 2x Urban), The Workz station with 12x V3, and now this Mojave Thai station with 20x V3. There are 44 stalls in this vacinity, plus 12 more stalls a mile down the road near Wienerschnitzel and Denny's.

IMG_3155.jpeg

IMG_3150.jpeg

IMG_3151.jpeg

IMG_3152.jpeg

Notice how the island is not fully populated. There's a lot of room left for expansion, or maybe to support V4 chargers? I don't know, but clearly they've designed this site for more in the future.

IMG_3153.jpeg

Here's a panorama showing all three stations: The Workz station is on the far left and the original is on the far right.
IMG_3154.jpg

Last edited:
The 12 stalls down the road, along with the seemingly temporary expansion of the original site, pretty much ended any congestion in Mojave. There were zero issues last winter season. Now, with the addition of these two sites, an additional 32 stalls, I think it is safe to say that this location will be safe from any congestion for some time, even with expanding to non-Tesla EV's.

Reactions: Zoomit
Funny thing is, as critical Mojave has been to me (and still is for many others), since I upgraded my MS to the refreshed LR, I no longer need to stop here. From West LA, I can make it to Bishop if it is not too cold, and LP easily if I'm really weighed down with below freezing outside. On the way back from Mammoth, I can usually make it home without charging at all. If I do need a charge, I hit Palmdale or even Newhall for 5 minutes of buffer.

Reactions: Doug Martoccia