Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mojave, CA (EXPANDED Dec 2021, 6 V2 + 4 V3 + 2 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably the 3rd stall on the urban pallet. Not usable but maybe they forgot to report it as closed.
I don't think so. Urban pallets are always listed as two.
I actually had this problem throughout my drive. I think it is a refresh issue. Bishop kept saying 1 stall available for over an hour. Didn't budge. I canceled my route and restarted, and it showed 5 available.

Pretty darn good speeds here
A592F96B-B252-461D-AD37-B6F13F086C6F.jpeg

So, what is the over-under for this site closing? This site is located on land that is for sale, it has 6 V2's from 2015, 4 semi-temporary type V3's and 2 (definitely) temporary Urban stalls. 44 other stalls in Mojave up and running, with 32 of them just a 30 second walk from these.

Has Tesla ever closed an old V2 location? The 4 slow ones in Inyokern are still active but I doubt anyone uses them now.
I have seen a few permanently closed locations on supercharge.info, but none that I have seen myself. When LP did the first real expansion, the removed the old V2's and urban stalls. My guess is that this site will stay functional until there is a triggering event, like lease renewal, sale of property or a significant equipment failure.

I have seen a few permanently closed locations on supercharge.info, but none that I have seen myself. When LP did the first real expansion, the removed the old V2's and urban stalls. My guess is that this site will stay functional until there is a triggering event, like lease renewal, sale of property or a significant equipment failure.
Actually, I just applied a filter at supercharge.info. I could only find 3 sites permanently closed in N. America, though a bunch more in China. The Hawthorne site is well known as closed to the public due to its unique location. I have no knowledge about the others.

This original Mojave site is a bit unique it itself now, give that the new 32 stalls are literally just feet away. Actually, the 3 parking lots are interconnected, so they are altogether essentially one location. Separate standalone builds, but still all in one area.

1698330370055.png

• Informative
Reactions: DoItDiff
Actually, I just applied a filter at supercharge.info. I could only find 3 sites permanently closed in N. America, though a bunch more in China. The Hawthorne site is well known as closed to the public due to its unique location. I have no knowledge about the others.

This original Mojave site is a bit unique it itself now, give that the new 32 stalls are literally just feet away. Actually, the 3 parking lots are interconnected, so they are altogether essentially one location. Separate standalone builds, but still all in one area.

View attachment 985437
The lack of permanently closed sites may be a bit of an undercount, for example Harris Ranch. The original superchargers were located about 500ft away from the current SCs. Technically, the old site was closed and a new improved site was opened.

As I was typing this, I went back and checked all ~100 superchargers that I've visited in the past ten years and Harris Ranch was the only example that I could find. It's crazy to think that an aging 125kW SC from 2013-2014 would still be up and running, but they are! Maybe they'll get another decade of life out of them!

View attachment 985437
Iowa, LA seemed like it may have been a planned temporary location.

Warsaw, NC and Van Horn, TX both closed after new ones were opened nearby. Both host hotels did not take kindly to Tesla drivers. The same process might be taking place in Ozona, TX as we speak. Bethesda, MD and Aurora, IL also closed down for some reason or another. There are a couple other temporary locations that closed, such as Wausau, WI and St. George, UT. The latter re-opened as a permanent installation.

Are there many other sites (any?) that have all three charger types? V2, Urban, and V3? I live in Alameda, and the three nearest Superchargers are one of each type, but they are distinct Superchargers. Several have V2 and V3, like Beaver, but also Urban at the SAME site?
There have been quite a few locations where the temporary Urban stalls we added in to V2's, maybe even a few examples the same exact ones moved from one location to another. To my knowledge (limited), this is the only place that has all 3 types. I think it was done as an urgent solution until these others were built.

Speak of the devil. Here is a site that was just taken down. V3 stalls to boot. Apparently, the place was too congested with it there (or something like that). I did not get into the nitty-gritty of the thread. There is another site a few blocks away.

Speak of the devil. Here is a site that was just taken down. V3 stalls to boot. Apparently, the place was too congested with it there (or something like that). I did not get into the nitty-gritty of the thread. There is another site a few blocks away.
They might have another site nearby where they will install that equipment. I don’t think Tesla would just remove stalls unless they had replacements nearby coming online.

For this site, no real reason to remove anything unless they need the temporary stalls somewhere or they start becoming expensive to maintain. Unless the owners request them to be removed (which is my guess on the Houston site, they wanted the parking spaces back).