Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mojave, CA (EXPANDED Dec 2021, 6 V2 + 4 V3 + 2 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New Model S75 standard charger. Pull in and there is one model X in stall 1. I think there are 8 stalls total, maybe 6. I pull into number 4 hook up. up to 32 Kw and then starts ping ponging all over the place, dropping to 0, 4 16, 4 , 0 etc...basically would have taken me FOREVER to charge to get to lone pine. Move it to stall 3. Same damn result. Model X leaves, still not pulling good juice. Then move it to stall 1 and its fine. Guy pulls into stall 4 (same stall I was at) and I go over to warn him and tell him I am leaving soon. He has no problem. I can't figure out what on earth was going on. It was incredibly windy but I don't see how that would possibly cause this issue. Are they just crappy superchargers? I need to know because this is a trip that I will do with an ICE vehicle since I have to stop there to do a trip to mammoth.

@JSergeant I was the other guy having the problem in the black MS. You were gone by the time I got to move into stall 1 and all was good. Shortly after that an X pulled into stall 4 and started charging. I warned him and told him I was heading out soon so he could move into 1 but he said he was charging just fine. Thanks for putting in the call to Tesla.

I went back to charge this morning on stall 1A and it was working fine. I was the only Tesla there. There was a guy who arrived and opened up the electrical enclosure behind the Superchargers, so I asked him if he was there to service the Superchargers. He said he was doing some work on the electrical supply, not specifically the Superchargers. I mentioned the problems with pairs 2 & 3 and he said he'd take a look and see if there was any quick fix. He was going on to Barstow and then returning to Mojave later.

@bishoppeak and ecarfan. I don't think it's the car but I will have them pull logs as I am going in soon anyway. Worked fine when I got to use stall 1 and fine in Lone Pine. But quite possible its the car. I will call Tesla in the future when this happens.
If it's the supercharger and not the car, then report to Tesla and avoid this supercharger on this trip. Mojave is easily avoidable by using Inyokern and something in the LA area.

Why would anyone drive all the way down to LA when they're driving through Mojave? ;)
I may have misunderstood but the poster is from Santa Barbara and said he was driving up to Lone Pine (and probably beyond). So he can charge in Inyokern and get all the way to Oxnard pretty easily. He can probably get all the way home. The other direction is a little more challenging but doable. The point is Mojave is mostly redundant so while it would be nice if it worked, it's not the end of the world if it's misbehaving temporarily.

I visited Mojave last Saturday, 10/7/17. We were the sole Tesla there at first. When I saw power fluctuations on 3B, I moved to 1A, same problem, and then moved to a solid charge on stall 2A. I called Tesla support, they remotely looked up my car and the charging station. It's a Mojave charger problem. The support rep said that there had been prior reported charge fluctuations here and noted my problems. That would acount for the electrician visit this week. Hope that helps.

There are problems at the current location. The Mexican restaurant there is excellent but its closed on the weekends when many travel. It is really the only food place around and when its is closed there is nothing to do but browse a grocery store or sit in your car. A lonely and pretty dirty place on the weekends.

I thought the Mexican restaurant was open on Saturdays, but closed on Sundays. Not a smart business move, being it is right smack in front of the charges. In fact, almost every time I charged there when they were open, I gave them some of my business.
Speaking of a lack of smarts, I once asked the employee there if they were busier since the charger opened, and they were like "What charger?"