Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mojave, CA (EXPANDED Dec 2021, 6 V2 + 4 V3 + 2 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seen at the Mojave Supercharger last night. Alex on Twitter
38171AA6-4B4D-41EC-B5E1-51750D902873.jpeg

I was at the Mojave supercharger on Friday (27 December 2019) and Sunday (29 December 2019).

Friday was a really busy day for this charger. Highway 58 from Bakersfield had been reopened around 11:00 AM.
I left Bakersfield at 11:00 and reached the charger just before 4:00 PM (yes, it was really bad traffic).

When I reached there, I was 10th in line for charging. Some smart folks had started a sign-in sheet to keep
your place in line for charging. I had to wait 1:45 hrs before getting my turn.

When I got my turn, the sign-in sheet had 28 names on it! I don't know how long it took for
the last person to get his turn.

On the way back on Sunday I stopped by around 1:30 PM. I was 3rd in line. Wait was only 15 minutes.

The Palmdale supercharger should come on line ASAP!

• Informative
Reactions: Vern Padgett
Tesla can easily expand this location. The parking lot is massive and mostly unused. In fact, it is in very poor condition (ever try taking a shopping cart back from Stater Bros? Yikes!). Tesla could offer to repave a large portion of the lot in exchange for more space. They could easily add another 20 stalls. 6 would make a huge difference, but given that there were 28 cars in line, they need more to make this future proof.

Tesla can easily expand this location. The parking lot is massive and mostly unused. In fact, it is in very poor condition (ever try taking a shopping cart back from Stater Bros? Yikes!). Tesla could offer to repave a large portion of the lot in exchange for more space. They could easily add another 20 stalls. 6 would make a huge difference, but given that there were 28 cars in line, they need more to make this future proof.

When and if Bakersfield proper gets its planned Supercharger, and when and if Kramer's Jct. gets its planned Supercharger, those two locations will take some pressure off Mojave. Not a lot, as I suspect 80% of the usage is for people traveling between the San Fernando Valley and the Owens Valley north. But there are plenty of Bay Area types heading to Vegas or Arizona or Valley types like me who head to Arizona to make a difference. I would certainly charge in the planned Bakersfield SC and bypass Mojave.