Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mojave, CA - Sierra Hwy (LIVE 18 Aug 2022, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator note: The first few posts on this page are a merge of posts from at least two different threads.

I found another permit for Mojave.
Screenshot 2021-12-31 at 10-12-02 https accela kerncounty com.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Both this site and Mojave #2 are actively in the permitting process. This site had activity as recently as yesterday when correction requests were submitted to Tesla. I hope Tesla doesn't drag their feet like they did with Mojave #1. I would hope the 50 car wait last month would put some pressure on them.

Anyone know if a Rivian site is going in Mojave? The one in Inyokern has stalled and hasn't been worked on in months.

But I do like these combined sites - if Tesla and Charge point are in the same area, it brings a lot of business into those establishments, and might help to encourage businesses to be hosts.

Reactions: RickParker
This site seems to be following almost exactly in line with Mojave #2. Looks like everything is complete as of 4/7/2022, except for the final issuance of the permit. For both of these sites, it is possible that construction has actually begun, as was the case with Mojave #1. The final permit was not listed as issued on their website until long after construction was completed. My guess is that their website simply does not fall in line with their actual process.

Are there any SC currently operational in Mohave? When I charged in Mojave in August 2021, I believe there were four 150KW stalls which the in car Nav incorrectly indicated were V3 stalls.

Are there any SC currently operational in Mohave? When I charged in Mojave in August 2021, I believe there were four 150KW stalls which the in car Nav incorrectly indicated were V3 stalls.
The nav for the original site lists the maximum charge capability, which would be correct at 250. There are 6 original V2 (150) cabinets as linked above, present for many years now, which they recently expanded by adding a combination of few temporary 250's and a couple of urban 72's. Strange hybrid set-up, I know, and I believe a stop-gap measure until this location, and the location at the Thai restaurant (immediately adjacent to the original SCs), are up and running.

The nav for the original site lists the maximum charge capability, which would be correct at 250. There are 6 original V2 (150) cabinets as linked above, present for many years now, which they recently expanded by adding a combination of few temporary 250's and a couple of urban 72's. Strange hybrid set-up, I know, and I believe a stop-gap measure until this location, and the location at the Thai restaurant (immediately adjacent to the original SCs), are up and running.
Thanks!!