Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mojave, CA (EXPANDED Dec 2021, 6 V2 + 4 V3 + 2 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Amazing find! I've been searching the Kern Co. website for permits every few days, but obviously have not been doing it correctly.

Looks like Anthony's is the only option around. It would be a long walk to Fast Food Row.

Real estate is so incredibly cheap in Mojave, Tesla could have bought their own plot of land and then had 100% control over ICING!

The units in this complex rent at $1/sq ft/month. If Anthony's is empty, Tesla could go into some food/retail or whatever for only $1,000/ mo rent.

Given the desolate nature of Mojave, and the quantity of shops and restaurants that are boarded up, I would find it astonishing if we were to ever find a single ICE'd spot!
Given that Elon is already in the EV/Solar/Space business, one would think that it is time for them to open their own food chain :wink:

Here are two photos of the site of the future Mojave Supercharger taken Jan. 7, 2015:
mojave 001-50.jpg
mojave 003-50.jpg

Anthony's is open for business, we had lunch there. The parking stalls were occupied as you can see.
Of the few Superchargers I have visited, none had taken parking space from a business.
It certainly looks an ICE potential here.
~Larry

Here are two photos of the site of the future Mojave Supercharger taken Jan. 7, 2015:
Anthony's is open for business, we had lunch there. The parking stalls were occupied as you can see.
Of the few Superchargers I have visited, none had taken parking space from a business.
~Larry
Interesting. From the permit sketches, those are indeed the exact SC spots. Pull in types at that. With so much space in Mojave available, why would they put them immediately in front of a business' prime spots?

~Larry

Great!

Is that the Anthony's with all the astronaut stuff on the walls?

Interesting. From the permit sketches, those are indeed the exact SC spots. Pull in types at that. With so much space in Mojave available, why would they put them immediately in front of a business' prime spots?

Because the rest of the parking that won't be ice'd is either in the middle of the lot or not convenient to the power supply.

Id guess anthony's probably chose to give up the spaces.

OOOOO I hope so... I can't wait to EV an ICE-hole... With the pull-in spots it's possible to parallel park behind the ICE and still plug-in. :tongue:

Excited about Mojave... this plus Primm is REALLY going to take A LOT of stress off Barstow. I've charged to >180 rated miles and still BARELY made it to Tejon on the way north. PLUS with Mojave it should be easy to go directly to Harris and save some time.

Agreed, you'd think they could have put the SC farther out in the lot, in less competitive spots, maybe even with a solar canopy, but maybe between the city, utility, shopping center management and tennants, this spot was simply the best available option.

The Mojave Desert is the perfect place to put a Supercharge with a solar canopy. I really wish they would have rolled out more stations with solar. The shade lets you charge faster because you don't have to run the air conditioner so hard while you sit in your car waiting to charge.

This Mojave location will allow us to bypass LA entirely on trips to/from The Bay Area from Phoenix/Tucson/Texas and the deep south. It may add a few miles but the scenic value is well worth it! I wish for I-10 from Phoenix AZ into Texas to be completed sooner than scheduled on Tesla's 2016 map. I-20 from I-10 to Dalles TX also. It's great to watch the supercharger buildout...I just want it all done yesterday:tongue: PICTURES! PICTURES! PICTURES!! ALWAYS:cool::cool: