Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mojave, CA (EXPANDED Dec 2021, 6 V2 + 4 V3 + 2 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pictures as of February 14th, 2015.
PANO_20150214_172721.jpg
IMG_20150214_172712.jpg
IMG_20150214_172717.jpg
IMG_20150214_172554.jpg
IMG_20150214_172606.jpg
IMG_20150214_172615.jpg

These should be in operation in 6-8 weeks maximum unless Edison delays the transformer. Now we can make it east from the Valley in May without making a 45-minute detour to Tejon to continue towards Barstow. And the Bay Area types can make Mojave from Harris Ranch easy too! Huzzah!

These should be in operation in 6-8 weeks maximum unless Edison delays the transformer. Now we can make it east from the Valley in May without making a 45-minute detour to Tejon to continue towards Barstow. And the Bay Area types can make Mojave from Harris Ranch easy too! Huzzah!

Yeah... this is gonna take A LOT of pressure off Barstow and Tejon... Telsa is supposed to give cars visibility of SC use at some point... so if you're charging @ Mojave and see that Barstow is full you can just charge a little longer and skip Barstow.

Yeah... this is gonna take A LOT of pressure off Barstow and Tejon... Telsa is supposed to give cars visibility of SC use at some point... so if you're charging @ Mojave and see that Barstow is full you can just charge a little longer and skip Barstow.

Well, you don't really care if Barstow is full, what you care about is what it's going to be like in an hour or so. As it turns out, Tesla should be able to do some prediction since it can know what cars are heading there (or at least in that direction), and how many are waiting around to charge. So they can tell your their best guess at what your waiting time will be, plus they can build it into their routing algorithms.

Coming soon, I hope. I predict March, but I'm an optimistic guy.

Well, you don't really care if Barstow is full, what you care about is what it's going to be like in an hour or so. As it turns out, Tesla should be able to do some prediction since it can know what cars are heading there (or at least in that direction), and how many are waiting around to charge. So they can tell your their best guess at what your waiting time will be, plus they can build it into their routing algorithms.

Coming soon, I hope. I predict March, but I'm an optimistic guy.

Somewhat true... if 8/8 stalls are full then you can be fairly certain it's gonna be a good idea to skip it... 3/8... leave early and charge faster @ Barstow...

After Mojave opens and now that Manteca is open, that would be the route. However, 3 weeks ago I made the trip from Riverside to Oregon and had to go thru LA and then Fremont on a Friday night. It was horrid. Plus large parts of I5 are being worn out by all the big rig traffic and Harris ranch food and popularity are minuses. My vote is for south of Fresno and just avoid the multiple unpleasantness.

Great clear pictures, thank you! Many of us check supercharging sites daily to view the progress and it is just great to get a photo update. So many people go by these sites and never take photos; go figure? ..... but ....I've even done it myself:eek: so who knows why we don't document more:tongue:? Anyway, thanks again for posting clear pictures for us all to see. Mojave CA will make a nice route change when traveling between Northern California and Arizona>>and soon Texas! Here is another picture from the Inyorkern CA thread that should be here on the Mojave thread.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Why not go Mojave -> Harris Ranch -> Manteca? That's only 9 miles longer than running up 99 through Fresno.

RB,

SR99 north from Bakersfield through Fresno and onto Manteca is freeway the entire route. The speed limit is 70 from Bakersfield to Madera (with a short 65MPH stretch through Fresno), and then 65 the rest of the way north.

SR58 west of Bakersfield to its junction with I5 is urban for several miles with greatly reduced speed limits and traffic signals. Then it morphs into a rural two-lane highway for the rest of the journey with occasional lights and maybe even a boulevard stop or two. It has been many years since I drove that segment, but I would assume that the speed limit is 55MPH for most (if not all) of that segment. Moreover, this road is a primary artery for ag. Depending upon the season and time of day, there could be many trucks hauling product or tractors limping along the shoulder from one field to another.

Another choice would be to take SR46 west "Lerdo Highway" at Famoso to its junction with I5. This might be a little quicker, and is a better road. But you do have to drive through Shafter.

I think all in all taking SR99 north from Bakersfield through Fresno is probably 15-20 minutes quicker than detouring to Harris Ranch. Now, depending upon the ultimate selection of the Supercharger near Fresno, Harris Ranch might win out if the Fresno placement is off SR41 rather than 99, or is at a location with a lousy selection of food.

Do you have and update on Mojave ?

Rats Have you any new images of the work on Mojave to share I'm going that way later this month. I would like to charge in Mojave if it open coming from Harris Ranch. Got any news Tesla fans ?

Rats Have you any new images of the work on Mojave to share I'm going that way later this month. I would like to charge in Mojave if it open coming from Harris Ranch. Got any news Tesla fans ?

I was out of town last weekend. I'll try to swing past there this Saturday to get some new pictures. I'm expecting good progress over the course of two weeks.