Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mojave, CA (EXPANDED Dec 2021, 6 V2 + 4 V3 + 2 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, always closed on Saturdays. There is not enough commuter traffic to Justify a sit-down place that caters mostly to locals/regulars. If you are on 58, Mojave is off the road and Tehachapi is a much nicer community. Too bad though, the SC definitely draws some traffic, but not enough to support a local spot on weekends. It will be interesting to see where the expansion is going in. The existing SC are marginal IMO and really degrade when multiple Ts are charging. Much more than say the Barstow SCs. I hope the new ones cure that issue. As for the food at Anthony’s--it is authentic, blue collar Mexican. Lots of self prepared on site--just look at the kitchen when they are making all the tortillas, beans and guac from scratch--nothing out of a can or prepped off site. But definitely blue collar--Rich T owners need to slum a little sometimes.

There are rumors of Lone Pine getting expanded. The last I heard was the Mojave was also due. Are there any signs of this happening here?

Was there two days ago and saw no evidence of expansion yet :(. It definitely could benefit from expansion though!

BTW since everyone’s talking about the Mexican place.... The Thai place in the same parking lot is surprisingly good. (It’s the last place in the world I expected to find Thai food...)

The only gotcha is I’d recommend getting a protein other than chicken. For whatever reason the last time I went there they way undercooked the chicken in all of our dishes, and the staff seemed kind of confused when we complained that chicken needs to be cooked through.

Was there two days ago and saw no evidence of expansion yet :(. It definitely could benefit from expansion though!

BTW since everyone’s talking about the Mexican place.... The Thai place in the same parking lot is surprisingly good. (It’s the last place in the world I expected to find Thai food...)

The only gotcha is I’d recommend getting a protein other than chicken. For whatever reason the last time I went there they way undercooked the chicken in all of our dishes, and the staff seemed kind of confused when we complained that chicken needs to be cooked through.
Chicken should be cooked rare, anything more and you’re ruining it!

I would rather tesla install a supercharger in Tehachapi than expand this one. I was here around 2am and it’s a creepy place.

• Funny
Reactions: chillaban
Chicken should be cooked rare, anything more and you’re ruining it!

I would rather tesla install a supercharger in Tehachapi than expand this one. I was here around 2am and it’s a creepy place.

Definitely true about Mojave being creepy. It was creepy once during the day too... after turning down a panhandler I went to the restroom only to see him peering into my car.

I've been to this supercharger at many different times of day (including the middle of the night). It might seem creepy to some, but it's a totally standard scene in any small town in the desert southwest. Places like Inyokern and Quartzsite are much the same. Many people are not comfortable in this post-apocalyptic hellscapes, but I've always found them fascinating :)

Definitely true about Mojave being creepy. It was creepy once during the day too... after turning down a panhandler I went to the restroom only to see him peering into my car.
I've been to this supercharger at many different times of day (including the middle of the night). It might seem creepy to some, but it's a totally standard scene in any small town in the desert southwest. Places like Inyokern and Quartzsite are much the same. Many people are not comfortable in this post-apocalyptic hellscapes, but I've always found them fascinating :)
I got chills when I stepped out to plug in, although that could have been the 40 degree weather...

But it was so quiet yet loud at the same time. It was weird. I charged just enough to get to Yermo and got out of there!

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA and Owner
Lots of meth-heads in this area. I typically do my Mammoth shopping at the Stater Bros, and not comfortable leaving my car exposed with all my belongings easily visible (packed to the gills), unless there are other cars around.

Tehachapi would be nice, but does not work for those traveling up to the Eastern Sierras. I vote for both!

People have said the same about the Superior MT supercharger and I’ve had no problem charging late at night at either one.
One typically does not have a problem until they have a problem. We are fortunate in that there are typically other Tesla owners around. While I do not find Mojave to be very threatening, I have been there enough times seeing creepy looking guys around, many with missing teeth (=meth). One quick smash and grab could put a damper on a trip. Though, honestly, most of the guys I have seen at Mojave seem to weak to break a window.

Mojave is creepy. Avoid 2A and 2B, those charging cables had damage. I called it in but not fixed two weeks later.

Inyokern is OK, equipment better condition, and less crowded.

Lone Pine is even better, saw a pallet mounted 4 way charger I guess was for the Tesla Semi. it was slow however...Mammoth was fast, deserted, and had a great deli shop and restaurant a block west...

I’m at the Mojave charger now. 2B seems to be functional as someone is charging there now. 3A, however, is damaged. It appears there is something stuck on one of the charging pins, so it’s not possible to insert it into the car’s port.

Pic attached. I’ve already notified Tesla Support.

3B is working great. At one point, was pulling 111kW in our X 90D.

Attachments

• CBC950C6-1F63-479B-919D-461F24B7BD6C.jpeg
    CBC950C6-1F63-479B-919D-461F24B7BD6C.jpeg
    261.1 KB · Views: 86