Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mokena, IL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

A 12-stall Supercharger is planned at the Meijer grocery store in Mokena. Found this in a planning board meeting from last month:

Mokena.jpg

Mokena, IL

Host Type: Supermarket
Host: Meijer
Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-30, US-45
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

US-30

To: Flossmoor, IL - 11.4 miles
Diversion: 0.7 miles
To: Merrillville, IN - 29.7 miles

US-45

To: Oak Brook, IL - 31.1 miles
Diversion: 5 miles
To: Chicago - O’Hare, IL - 37.5 miles

Another Illinois Meijer Supercharger.

Agree that this is a so-so spot at first glance. There are getting to be a lot of Tesla's down this way but essentially everyone (90%+?) in the area has a garage that they likely charge in. I think they would have been better off in the parking lot at the Holiday Inn at 191st and Lagrange (just off 80). To be fair, with how miserable 80 can be, I know a lot of people bounce off and come down route 30 anyway. Panda Express and McAlisters deli across the parking lot for those looking to get a bite while they charge. Crossing Wolf there is not super pedestrian friendly, but could wander over to Chipotle, Meatheads, or Panera. We tend to just wander Meijer and get snacks, groceries, or random shopping done at the other superchargers that are in Meijer lots.

What gives it the appearance of being open? Were the red TESLA logos illuminated? Were cars plugged in?
Sorry, didn't see your reply until just now. Fences were finally down and the chargers were uncovered with no cones in front. For other openings I've seen, they have left either the covers on or placed cones until they were powered up after the fences came down. Unfortunately, as others have said since, still underpowered as of a couple days ago. Went by there on my bike today at lunch and nobody was charging. Any day now presumably.

Sorry, didn't see your reply until just now. Fences were finally down and the chargers were uncovered with no cones in front. For other openings I've seen, they have left either the covers on or placed cones until they were powered up after the fences came down. Unfortunately, as others have said since, still underpowered as of a couple days ago. Went by there on my bike today at lunch and nobody was charging. Any day now presumably.
Yeah, tried again late this morning while I was running errands over there

Reactions: Kdewalt10