Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Monroe, LA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called the Pecanland Mall leasing office today. If there are chargers going in it isn't on mall property. She did say there was construction of some type of charging equipment at one of the Marriott properties on the East end of the mall site, two are SE and one NE of the mall proper.. The person who answered the phone at each of the 3 Marriott properties knew nothing of charger construction. Is it Super Charger site or destination charging going in? Is there anything going in? Someone local is going to need to do an on site check. I notice no one local is commenting on this thread.

• Helpful
Reactions: callmesam
It's near completion. Located on the east end of Pecanland Mall at the Marriott hotel.

Attachments

• IMG_20160723_130101.jpg
    IMG_20160723_130101.jpg
    746 KB · Views: 238
That's it bud! I was leaving Sam's club and headed to Home Depot when I caught the sight of it and had to whip in for a pic. I'm sure 99.9% of this area will have no idea what it is.

Thanks @ryanakata I drive to Monroe 1-2 times a year, so it's great to know there's a SC nearly ready. I didn't see this on supercharger.info, so I submitted it along with a link to the thread. Maybe they'll add it to the site...

• Informative
Reactions: callmesam
Yep, I emailed them too. Let me know next time you're in the area, I've driven a 90D and have a Model 3 on the way but have a friend that has never had the chance. My words can't sell it like seeing one in person can.

Just got a response from supercharge.info Looks like it's been added as under construction.

Should be in Monroe in late November. I'd be happy to show them my Model X.

Thanks @ryanakata I drive to Monroe 1-2 times a year, so it's great to know there's a SC nearly ready. I didn't see this on supercharger.info, so I submitted it along with a link to the thread. Maybe they'll add it to the site...

Just an FYI. supercharge.info is actually just one person - he posts on TMC as blueshift. He has a regular job and maintains the site as a hobby.

Looking very promising.
@ ryanakata: did you happen to notice if equipment, fencing and transformer were also installed?

I-20 DFW to ATL is coming alive.
Still need Meridian and Birmingham to complete the straight shot.

Yep, it's there, although no fencing yet. I'll probably swing back by later this week and see if it is looking any better. I'll post pics as well as info.

Reactions: NOLA_Mike
To give seven examples, in Lake Charles, Mobile, Pearl, Shreveport, Alexandria, Baton Rouge and Slidell there is no fence, unless you are talking about the big 'box' with doors that holds the inverters and battery packs. Fences have been put in in locations where there are safety or ingress and egress problems. The key components are the several charging stations (red and white with 'Tesla' on them), the enclosed inverters and packs, a transformer (green in every case I have noticed), and a meter. The transformer is usually, but not always (Alexandria's is a half block away), immediately adjacent to the other components. In Shreveport, which I followed the closest, once the construction was complete, clear plastic bags were put over each of the charging stations. At that time they did not have charging cables attached. Not long after a Tesla technician arrived to test everything and turn the supercharger location on. And, of course, the charging cables were attached (I do not know whether that was done by the Tesla technician or the construction crew). Independent contractors (Pearl, Shreveport and Alexandria's contracted crew was out of Mandeville, LA). Once the technician completes the testing, he or she turns the location on.

The "fencing" is the gated enclosure around the Supercharger inverters and electrical equipment.
The equipment enclosure is typically secured and locked.

Transformers are adjacent (most of the time very close located) to where the gated equipment enclosure is located.
Sometimes the landlord or local building code mandates the enclosure to "complement" the architectural style in the rest of the area: It might be Stucco over CMU, or brick or vinyl or stained wood.

Would be great to get an update (with pics) on this location.

I just spoke to an Assistant Manager at the TownePlace Suites Monroe, Pecanland Mall Drive, Monroe, LA and the chargers there are open and ready for use. The one issue is that they are marked for use by customers only. So they really aren't available for those of us passing by on the highway. She did say she had no problem with us using them but just check with the hotel. A contact phone number is (318) 387-7277. Ryanakata had a picture of Superchargers but these would be the first SC I've heard of with restrictions on use. Where do we go to get clarification on this from Tesla?