Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Monroe, LA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would be helpful for an owner or otherwise interested individual in Monroe to take the short drive out to Garrett Road and determine the current status of supercharger construction at this location and take a few photographs with his or her telephone. The items which need to be photographed are the individual charging stalls (as a group and one stall by itself), the supercharger battery packs and inverters whether enclosed or not, the transformer whether on a pole or not, and the meter. I may have overlooked a photograph or two which will help determine the status of this location. Other suggestions are welcome. And it wouldn't hurt to have a photograph or two to show how the superchargers are located with respect to nearby amenities.

A friend was in Monroe over the Labor Day weekend and took a couple of night pictures. The charging pedestals are dark, the charging cables/umbilicals appear to be installed and ready, there was a large plastic wrapped something occupying a parking spot. One disturbing comment was "the signs next to the charging stations clearly said the stations were for customers staying at the Marriott".

I spent the night in Monroe, LA last night because the supercharger has not been turned on. I went by and took pictures. It looks complete. Except there are boxes in two of the spots with expedite labels. I imagine that they have something to do with the fence around the cabinets. I didn't examine the labels closely.
IMG_6116.JPG
IMG_6117.JPG
IMG_6118.JPG
IMG_6120.JPG

I drove through Monroe on my way from Shreveport to Vicksburg yesterday morning and agree with Doug's comments. Everything looks finished except for there being no fence around the supercharger's battery packs and inverters. There is a fence around a satellite dish which may have nothing to do with Tesla and the supercharger. I had just assumed that for some reason Tesla had decided not to enclose its equipment. Doug is probably right though. I couldn't tell what was in the boxes, but they could contain fencing. I have a number of daytime photographs that I will post later. One is of a sign which states "Electric vehicle charging and overnight hotel guests only." What this seems to prohibit is parking in the charging slots by someone not in one of those two groups. I don't think it prohibits parking or charging there unless you belong to both groups.

If the equipment is not to be fenced, commissioning waits only on an inspection by a Tesla technician. If it is going to be fenced, then the construction crew will have to come back for that additional work first. I am not sure which crew has installed the Monroe supercharger. I think Meridian is being worked by the crew which did Shreveport and Alexandria. It is a very fast crew (start to finish in two to three weeks, maybe the fastest Tesla contracts with). Judging by the September 4th Meridian photographs, the most recent ones, unless there has been some break in the work there, Meridian should be pretty close. If that crew also did Monroe, it might finish Meridian, then come back to finish Monroe. The crew is from Mandeville, I think, and could finish Monroe on the way back home. Of course, most of this paragraph includes a lot of guesswork.

• Informative
Reactions: L.Robinson
Did you charge? See someone else charge? See the TESLA LEDs lit at the top of the pedestals?
Did you charge? See someone else charge? See the TESLA LEDs lit at the top of the pedestals?

I personally charged my tesla s at the Monroe supercharger yesterday after noon. The 2 boxes are still there on the right but chargers are now lit up and working. Enjoy!!