Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another Fred Meyer... Interesting.. Maybe the article that quoted a Fred Meyer Manager at the new Klamath Falls supercharger that ALL Fred Meyers were getting superchargers has a little merritt to it (I doubt all of them but maybe they struck a good partnership deal with some big ones that make sense,

Another Fred Meyer... Interesting.. Maybe the article that quoted a Fred Meyer Manager at the new Klamath Falls supercharger that ALL Fred Meyers were getting superchargers has a little merritt to it (I doubt all of them but maybe they struck a good partnership deal with some big ones that make sense,

Every Fred Meyer in Portland and the surrounding cities has electric car charging.

It should help people on the eastside or Seattle traveling to Leavenworth or in the winter to Steven's Pass for a day ski trip.

It's also helpful for people going from Burlington to Ellensburg or vice versa although it will re-route them on a kind of weird path. It may not be much worse to go that way during rush hour, but late at night or during other low traffic times, it will be kind of annoying to have to go through Monroe. Obviously those of us with Model S 85+ wouldn't need to stop in Monroe, but the Model 3 will have a shorter range and then there are the mythical Xs with trailers and such.

No kidding. That's about 20 mins from my house. Not sure how I'd use it (it's only about 80-90 mins, maybe less from the Burlington Supercharger) but hey - the more Superchargers, the better!

Hopefully they have one planned for Leavenworth/Chelan area to get folks up there a bit more comfortably.

I hope it is the start of US 2 Supercharging. The next could be at the Fred Meyer in East Wenatchee.

Well, it definitely looks like trip Supercharging and is kind of ironic since Centralia, WA to Burlington, WA is a gap that needs filling.

But, in the long run we need chargers to take us everywhere, and as a watcher of Superchargers on US Numbered Highways it's nice to see another one on US-2. Only 1680 miles to Duluth, MN. :p

• Funny
Reactions: BerTX
Well, it definitely looks like trip Supercharging and is kind of ironic since Centralia, WA to Burlington, WA is a gap that needs filling.

But, in the long run we need chargers to take us everywhere, and as a watcher of Superchargers on US Numbered Highways it's nice to see another one on US-2. Only 1680 miles to Duluth, MN. :p

Not quite your usual in-depth analysis! ;)

I've driven US 2 from Everett all the way to Duluth (in an ICE 15 years ago) and let me tell you, don't hold your breath on superchargers covering that path. There are parts of NE Montana where you have serious range anxiety in an ICE if you aren't careful lol.

I've driven US 2 from Everett all the way to Duluth (in an ICE 15 years ago) and let me tell you, don't hold your breath on superchargers covering that path. There are parts of NE Montana where you have serious range anxiety in an ICE if you aren't careful lol.

Oh I'm sure, but there are certainly sections they could do.
US-2 meets I-90 in Spokane, WA. The last exit before I-90 is only 259 US-2 miles from the Monroe, WA Supercharger location. A "manageable" diversion in East Wenatchee would add 9 miles and split the 259 to 111 miles and 157 miles.
(Added bonus is that US-2 is concurrent with US-97 there so the East Wenatchee location would _also_ be "on" US-97.
US-97 starts at Weed, CA, then goes through Klamath Falls, OR, Bend, OR and Ellensburg, WA. It turns into BC-97 which passes through Kelowna, BC and Kamloops, BC. I think that somewhere at Tesla HQ there's a map of everywhere they think there should be a Supercharger and it has _lots_ of them.)

Here is a photo, I hope. That is the Red
Robin on the left across the intersection. The workers do not want to be in the photos so I just took the one pic so they could get back to work.
0322171201a.jpg

Last edited: