TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Montecito at the Rosewood Miramar, 1759 S. Jameson Ln. (Permit found Dec 2019)

Discussion in 'California Supercharger locations' started by reach, Feb 14, 2019.

1. reach

reach Member

#1 reach, Feb 14, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2019
    Moderator note: The first 50-60 posts in this thread were moved from a different thread on the subject of Santa Barbara-area Superchargers.

Most likely it will be at the Rosewood Miramar Beach hotel in Montecito. It is a Caruso property which hosts the Superchargers in some other nearby locations such as the Westlake Promenade in Thousand Oaks, the Americana at Grand in Glendale, and the under-permit The Commons in Calabasas.

• Like x 1
  2. goldengate

goldengate Member

Since the Miramar is opening next week, you would think they would have made a SC part of the original construction. Or not. But it's good speculation. I'm amazed that Santa Barbara wasn't one of the first locations for the SC given the presumed high-density of Teslas. I'm presuming this because of the concentration of wealthy people there. I'm going to be in Santa Barbara next week and will have to figure out how to get a nice charge so I can return home.

3. CheeseJam

CheeseJam Member

Looks like superchargers are indeed coming to the Miramar. Their permit application is in review, here's the details:

MIRAMAR ACQUISITION ELECT
    1200A 3P4W ELECTRICAL SERVICE, (4) TESLA SUPERCHARGING CABINETS, (8) TESLA CHARGING STATIONS, (1) 1200A SWITCHGEAR ASSEMBLY AND (1) UTILITY TRANSFORMER LOCATED IN THE WEST VALET PARKING LOT OF THE ROSEWOOD MIRAMAR HOTEL

Looks like 8 stalls, correct? Any other information we can gain from the permit application details? Is this v2 or v3? I can't link directly to the permit application due to the weird website, but go here: Permit Status Lookup - Citizens Access. In the search with the green magnifying glass (the second search bar on the page), search for Tesla. The permit was submitted 6/20/19.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  4. therealmrmike

therealmrmike Member

Hmm "no results"

5. CheeseJam

CheeseJam Member

Did you use the second search bar? Not the one on the top of the page.

6. therealmrmike

therealmrmike Member

ok yeah using wrong search bar
    found it. technically Monetcito but awesome find. its been waiting review for a month thought.

7. CheeseJam

CheeseJam Member

Yeah, the Miramar is pretty incredible too (pricey though). I think review typically takes like 1-2 months from what I've noticed (but that obviously varies on a case by case basis).

8. mociaf9

mociaf9 Active Member

Here's the direct link to the permit so people won't have to futz with the search function: 19ELE-00000-00247

• Helpful x 1
  9. Bet TSLA

Bet TSLA Active Member

@BlueShift

1595 S JAMESON LN
    SANTA BARBARA CA 93108

• Informative x 4
    • Like x 1
  10. RubberToe

RubberToe Supporting the greater good

Whoa, $795 a night. That's definitely going to keep us Riff Raff away. The Motel 6 is only $29.99!

Funny thing, the Amtrak train tracks go right past the resort on the Ocean side. The resort must be on the good side of the tracks...

RT

11. therealmrmike

therealmrmike Member

#11 therealmrmike, Jul 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    The hotel and view there are breathtaking. By the looks of the description of the rooms and the satelilte map their isn't another side of the tracks they are beach side bungalows. Motel 6 in the area are not quite 29.99 closest and cheapest would be carpenteria.
    Motel 6 Santa Barbara - Carpinteria North Hotel in Carpinteria CA ($109+) | Motel6.com

12. ScottRoberts33

Interesting tidbit: the Miramar is owned by Rick Caruso, who also owns the Americana in Glendale which has 20 urban superchargers.

13. Dave30824

Dave30824 Member

Being in the valet parking area, is this a destination charger for guests only or will us poor folk be allowed to us this Supercharger?

14. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member

I was told that the supercharger in that location was delayed because the "grid" in that part of Santa Barbara was oversubscribed already. It took some time to upgrade the service to that area of Santa Barbara, not just the Tesla store. I'm glad to hear that this plan is finally progressing.

15. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

Note that for me for the magnifying glass doesn't go green until I've typed in a search value.

16. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

Montecito, CA

Along Primary Interstates: None
    Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-101
    Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

US-101:
    To: Buellton, CA - 49.4 miles
    Diversion: 2.1 miles
    From: Thousand Oaks - East Thousand Oaks Blvd, CA - 53.4 miles
    To: San Luis Obispo, CA - 110.5 miles

More density along US-101, finally replacing the Santa Barbara, CA site that never was.

17. RubberToe

RubberToe Supporting the greater good

I forgot the smiley face after the $29.99. Nothing within 2 astronomical units of Santa Barbara is $29.99. ;)

Rt

18. mociaf9

mociaf9 Active Member

Given that the permit application explicitly mentions that the superchargers would be going in the valet parking lot, people should be prepared for the possibility/likelihood that the superchargers may only be accessible via the hotel's valet service--similar to the Downtown LA -- Francisco St. location. And, that the valet service may entail a considerable charge. From checking the hotel's listing online (via Travelocity), they have the valet listed as a $50/night fee for guests of the hotel. Likely it wouldn't be that high for people just stopping by for a meal/drinks/visit and now soon for charging, but may still be what most would consider quite steep. Of course, it's also possible that the hotel will waive or reduce it for people showing up to charge. I just wouldn't expect it. Time will tell.

19. goldengate

goldengate Member

That sucks. Having checked out this hotel (it's on both sides of the tracks) and the parking lot a few months ago based on speculation in this thread earlier, I can tell you that you will have to drive right past the valet guys to get to the location I assume is the supercharger (on the south side of the property). Santa Barbara desperately needs a huge SC, as does the 101 corridor north. Hoping we see another pop up soon....

20. Gray468

Gray468 Member

Valet may reduce the numbers. If it’s free, you likely will never get near them anyway. 8 Supercharger stations with hundreds in the local area (3 years ago there was an new article suggesting there were over 200 then), and hundreds more traveling to or thru every day, I imagine there will be line ups.

I often see a Tesla waiting while another is charging at a Goleta public L2 station... I am less that two miles from Trader Joe’s... when I drive over, often see 5 or more Tesla’s on the way.... I was hoping the new Target by stork and Hollister would include a bank of them....