Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Montecito, CA (Rosewood Miramar, LIVE 4 Sep 2021, 8 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks construction complete to me albeit waiting on a transformer on the empty pad labeled EDISON. Before taking the photos, I asked the valet guy if the chargers were on and he said "I think so?" I asked if I might be able to plug in my car and he let me know that the hotel is currently using that lot for employee parking only and he didn't have any of the icing car keys. Guess we just have to wait and see how this whole valet thing plays out.
If I’m not mistaken, there’s a transformer installed already. The “Edison” lettering looks to be a vault door for the underground trench.

Once it’s active it won’t be employee parking. Tesla and/or the hotel wouldn’t be spending 6 figures for employee parking.

As far as the transformer, that might be an existing one. 16kv and 4kv seems way too small for a SC. I think they would need at least a 300kva one for 8 urban chargers (72kw x 8 x 480v). The door labeled Edison is indeed an underground vault but the piece of wood anchored by the sandbag is likely covering the open conduits that will be under the transformer covering the rest of that pad.

If you look at the early construction pictures you can see if the transformer was pre existing.

It's officially open and listed on map in the car

Attachments

• 16307871993393140419287200419062.jpg
    16307871993393140419287200419062.jpg
    601 KB · Views: 108
I stopped here late on Sunday the 5th, around 11pm. Gates to the hotel parking lot left open so you can get in. BUT be advised if you're heading toward LA that the onramp to 101 southbound is under construction, so you have to drive a couple of miles local to get back on the freeway.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
They have a maximum output of 72kW as opposed to 150kW V2's or 250kW V3's. They use the same electronics as V2's but the power is not shared between pedestals like V2's. The pedestals look different also:
View attachment 706012
Actually the power is shared, just an even split with a 72kw max that doesn’t change. They use the same V2 150kw cabinets, 2 pedestals per cabinet. It’s just how the sharing works that is different.

This charger along with Santa Barbara, Goleta and Buellton have been full most of the day. I have been checking hourly so I could go top it off to start my NYE trip in the morning. Ojai is the only one no one is utilizing.