Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Montecito, CA (Rosewood Miramar, LIVE 4 Sep 2021, 8 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably something to do with the Grapevine being closed earlier today

Santa Barbara has been wayyyy overdue for superchargers and they finally just started adding them to the area. Hope we see many more coming soon.
I think with the addition of the Santa Maria SC and the possibility of a Ventura SC we are in good shape. Hopefully the SBDT SC is still going to happen.

Any info on whether or not folks using the Superchargers can roam the nearby beach or walk into the Rosewood for a bite to eat? I'm planning on taking my in-laws up to Los Olivos for a day trip and thought they'd like to stop by the beach while the car charges. My wife and I stayed at the Rosewood and had the most magical time. We had 80F weather in the middle of November, a wonderful prix fixe menu at Caruso's, and it was the first hotel property I've stayed in that had OLED TVs. It was the perfect work-from-anywhere setting. I looked at the current rack rate and was shocked to see it's about triple from what we paid 15 months ago.

Any info on whether or not folks using the Superchargers can roam the nearby beach or walk into the Rosewood for a bite to eat? I'm planning on taking my in-laws up to Los Olivos for a day trip and thought they'd like to stop by the beach while the car charges. My wife and I stayed at the Rosewood and had the most magical time. We had 80F weather in the middle of November, a wonderful prix fixe menu at Caruso's, and it was the first hotel property I've stayed in that had OLED TVs. It was the perfect work-from-anywhere setting. I looked at the current rack rate and was shocked to see it's about triple from what we paid 15 months ago.
I don't see why not if you charging for ~30 minutes.

I don't see why not if you charging for ~30 minutes.
I just ask because I believe management at the Ventana for the Big Sur Supercharger does not want Tesla lurkers roaming the property...which I can understand because it's a very quaint property with a clothing optional pool and bathhouse...another wonderful property that has ballooned in price.

As for 30minutes at the Supercharger....I think my old S85 can stay charging for nearly 2 hours if the lot was empty and I had no where to be :) Perhaps I'll see about making a reservation at the Beach Bar for that day.

Last edited:
Was just charging there over the weekend, and didn't seem to get any attitude from the staff (even though I was wearing my Santa Barbara Casual [shorts and a t-shirt]).

• Love
Reactions: maximizese
I just ask because I believe management at the Ventana for the Big Sur Supercharger does not want Tesla lurkers roaming the property...which I can understand because it's a very quaint property with a clothing optional pool and bathhouse...another wonderful property that has ballooned in price.

As for 30minutes at the Supercharger....I think my old S85 can stay charging for nearly 2 hours if the lot was empty and I had no where to be :) Perhaps I'll see about making a reservation at the Beach Bar for that day.
Did I hear that correct, "clothing optional"? :)

When I was there last I was the only one sitting in my car, everyone else went on to the property to roam around. I am local but I have never really took a look around. The last time my friends wanted to visit was $8xx a night, kinda ridiculous!

Did I hear that correct, "clothing optional"? :)

When I was there last I was the only one sitting in my car, everyone else went on to the property to roam around. I am local but I have never really took a look around. The last time my friends wanted to visit was $8xx a night, kinda ridiculous!
Yep. Clothing optional at Ventana's pool and bathhouse.

The Rosewood is a lovely property with beautiful green spaces, pools, and fire features. You can cross the railroad tracks to the Beach Bar, Caruso's Restaurant, or head down to the sand. The last time my wife looked into a stay it was about $2,100 a night...and that's what justified the MCU2 upgrade!

Reactions: Motion122