Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Montgomery, AL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A Montgomery, AL supercharger has been promised for over a year on Tesla's website.....but rumor has it that it will be located in the back of a brand new "Z" gas station on AL-110 (chantilly parkway) that sits about 200 yards from the Hotel Classio (10095 Chantilly Parkway). The gas station has blindingly green neon lights.

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP and mociaf9
A Montgomery, AL supercharger has been promised for over a year on Tesla's website.....but rumor has it that it will be located in the back of a brand new "Z" gas station on AL-110 (chantilly parkway) that sits about 200 yards from the Hotel Classio (10095 Chantilly Parkway). The gas station has blindingly green neon lights.
It might have been better to post this the Southeast forum.
More locals would have a chance of seeing it, so I’ll the forum mods, except I don’t who the hell the mods are: so I’ll cannonball it and call @Doug_G @dpeilow (?) @doug . Will also tag @ChrisC

Keep an eye on the location, and once you see actual construction, or see a building permit, create a thread in the Southeast forum that MarcoRP linked to, with the title "Supercharger - Montgomery AL" .

For the record, the current best description of the location is "new Z gas station near 10095 Chantilly Pkwy, Montgomery, AL 36117".

I wouldn't start the thread until it's more firm (rumors are just that) and then use the title format above please.

Reactions: Rocky_H
So I went by this station today, and it is open and operational. No sign of superchargers or construction. It would also be an odd place for them, as you can't really walk to anything from this location. Hopefully it will wind up somewhere nearby. There's a lot of retail around a Target about a mile up the road.

So unfortunately I've got a solid source that says the promised location on Plug Share has fallen through. Apparently Tesla's terms for installing the supercharger there were not very favorable to the land owner. My guess is there still just isn't enough traffic to justify Tesla pitching in a lot of the capital for a location in Montgomery. So, tell your friends around there to buy one so we can change the equation. :)

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9 and MarcoRP
So unfortunately I've got a solid source that says the promised location on Plug Share has fallen through. Apparently Tesla's terms for installing the supercharger there were not very favorable to the land owner. My guess is there still just isn't enough traffic to justify Tesla pitching in a lot of the capital for a location in Montgomery. So, tell your friends around there to buy one so we can change the equation. :)

That's unfortunate. This is a catch-22 since many of us take our ICE vehicles to Montgomery and SE Alabama, so no traffic will get recorded there. Do you have any other information on other Alabama locations such as Dothan or Tuscaloosa? thanks.

Agreed! I have family in SE Alabama that I visit at least twice a year. Stopping at the Auburn SC cuts it real close. I haven't tried going to a Camping ground to charge yet, but something along the US231 corridor between Montgomery and Dothan would be very welcome!

So, I'm bumping this thread because the Target at Eastchase was on the recently revealed list of where Tesla had agreements with Target to install superchargers. I haven't been through town recently, but I'd be curious if anyone has seen activity or a permit. My guess is this may get bumped into 2021, but I'm still hopeful they put it there. It would be a great location for interstate 85 and highway 231 towards Dothan.

That would be great to get something out there at Eastchase. I was there this weekend and made it from Bhm to Montgomery and back with about 14% charge remaining.

Luckily if I stay more than a day, I can just plug in my travel charger but SOMETHING is needed besides the comically slow Chargepoint units at whole foods. I went by curious to see what they'd do and I was getting a whopping 10 miles of charge per hour :/

Huntsville needs something as well. I'm surprised that there's no supercharging in Huntsville considering how much technology is up there. Athens is a bit out of the way IMO and there appear to be little to no options other than sketchy maybe on maybe not level 2 charging.

Just FYI, there's a good hotel Tesla charger that's open to the public in Eastchase. I've used that one before to make it back to Bham

Regarding Huntsville, I live here, and if you have home charging, fast charging is not really necessary. I could see it being annoying for people who visit and then want to head back south. Athens is a bit out of the way to drive for that route.

Regarding Huntsville, I live here, and if you have home charging, fast charging is not really necessary. I could see it being annoying for people who visit and then want to head back south. Athens is a bit out of the way to drive for that route.

Yeah the Huntsville trip next weekend is to my family's pumpkin patch out at Tate farms and it's a 120 mile drive from our house. I don't know how comfortable I am trying to move 240 miles without a charge and I know for a fact that some of my cousins up there are going to want to whip around some of those country roads in the car so there's realistically no telling what the charge is going to look like by the time it's time to head home.

The Athens supercharger is only (according to google maps) about 15 miles extra travel distance and then it says I would cut across East on 251 along some back roads over to Moore's Mill... I'm guessing 15 or so minutes of charge will be plenty to get around town and back home without worrying about the range.

Electrify America just opened their Montgomery, Alabama station today, which means they now cover Alabama equally or arguably better than Tesla does. They really need to get on the ball with this location or at least offer a CCS1 adapter. Anything we can do besides tweet Elon?