Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Montgomery, AL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think this is one of the issues that divides EV owners. I only SC when travelling out of town 4-6 times per year, so I am willing to pay more for a well-maintained charging station. But if I was a SC-only user, I might be focused on getting the lowest cost, because I have to pay every week.
It's not cheap Tesla drivers that result in stations with no trash cans. It's Tesla taking the low cost way to expand the network. I could be willing to pay for gold plated trash cans, but if Tesla doesn't provide a system to provide and maintain them I can't use them. Tesla are dependant upon the host and can't dictate how they maintain their property.

Yes, we agree. I meant that Tesla would have to maintain the site, including contracting with a company that would pick up the trash, and probably charge more for the charging. The endgame for EVs is probably going to be third party charging stations that compete with each other on price and convenience, just like gas stations now. The question is what we do in the years between now and then.

Reactions: jsight
Yes, we agree. I meant that Tesla would have to maintain the site, including contracting with a company that would pick up the trash, and probably charge more for the charging. The endgame for EVs is probably going to be third party charging stations that compete with each other on price and convenience, just like gas stations now. The question is what we do in the years between now and then.
Tesla should just select random owners once they plug in every X vehicle charges at a location and offer them temporary free charging to take the trash to a designated dumpster or something. Then the owner needs to upload a picture of the location before and after to the Tesla app and the refund is issued upon review. They could also offer merch targeted at kids to incentivize parents to get their children to help clean up.

I did a fast 5 minute cleanup of the SC area this past weekend. My family was eating at Chipolte and I didn't have time to do more.

I noticed that there is garbage all over the outer perimeter of the parking area, not just in the SC area. This makes me think the garbage is blowing around the grounds, and not necessarily being generated by the people visiting the SC. The lot is enormous, with few barriers, and bags, wrappers etc. could travel pretty far on a windy day.

Either way, it is a shame this area is not tidied up more often.