Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Montgomery, AL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We were getting around 200 kW when we stopped there, but we stopped earlier than we should have to take advantage of the max rate. We could have made it to Greenville, but we wanted to stop to check it out. It’s in a busy shopping center so it’s a little out of the way if you’re traveling down I65.

This one was the first V3 I’ve ever been to so I was a little confused that the stalls will still labeled A-D. I thought V3’s didn’t have the letters after the stall numbers, but obviously getting around 200 kW, it just has to be the case.
Looks like I attached the wrong picture… The originally attached one was us charging at the V2 in Mobile, AL and not the V3 in Montgomery, AL station. Whoops.

Attachments

• 1A3FEAA2-305A-4B96-973F-FCED9B04817E.jpeg
    1A3FEAA2-305A-4B96-973F-FCED9B04817E.jpeg
    388.7 KB · Views: 102
This post in the Model 3 forum indicates Montgomery might be down as of yesterday:

Reactions: dc121gw and ChrisC
So, I'm bumping this thread because the Target at Eastchase was on the recently revealed list of where Tesla had agreements with Target to install superchargers. I haven't been through town recently, but I'd be curious if anyone has seen activity or a permit. My guess is this may get bumped into 2021, but I'm still hopeful they put it there. It would be a great location for interstate 85 and highway 231 towards Dothan.
I stopped at this Montgomery/Target supercharger a few days ago. Would someone local please speak with the Target managers to get a trashcan installed!! I'm disappointed at the Tesla drivers who have just dumped their trash around the superchargers... really guys, come on...thats not classy.

I stopped at this Montgomery/Target supercharger a few days ago. Would someone local please speak with the Target managers to get a trashcan installed!! I'm disappointed at the Tesla drivers who have just dumped their trash around the superchargers... really guys, come on...thats not classy.

I agree. I was there yesterday morning and was surprised how trashy it looked. My next stop was in Newnan, GA and while I was there a groundskeeper came by pickup up trash, cleaned up some mulch that had spilled into the parking spots. Big difference in the up keep of the two sites.

Montgomery, AL SuperCharger Pictures.....

It would probably not be up to Target, they are just tenants. There is probably a separate maintenance crew organized by the property owner.

I have started carrying a box of the small wastebasket sized trash bags for my family's soda bottles, snack bags etc. and I pick up around the charger if I have time.

Reactions: MattChristian
It would probably not be up to Target, they are just tenants. There is probably a separate maintenance crew organized by the property owner.

I have started carrying a box of the small wastebasket sized trash bags for my family's soda bottles, snack bags etc. and I pick up around the charger if I have time.
Thank You for leaving superchargers better than you find them. Very responsible, I wish there were more folks like yourself.

Bjorn Nyland did a video several years ago complaining how people would leave trash at superchargers and they should do better. I asked him in the comments section if he picked up the trash he showed us. He got all bent out of shape and was very rude to me. Clearly I hit a nerve.
Once again I commend you for being part of the solution and not part of the problem.

Reactions: theothertom
I agree. I was there yesterday morning and was surprised how trashy it looked. My next stop was in Newnan, GA and while I was there a groundskeeper came by pickup up trash, cleaned up some mulch that had spilled into the parking spots. Big difference in the up keep of the two sites.

Montgomery, AL SuperCharger Pictures.....

Wow this is so sad.

We visited Montgomery just a few days after it opened on our way to the beach. Sucks that it’s already trashed in such a little amount of time.
For sure. Not that it excuses it, but every SC should have a trashcan and washer station. Ideally, gas stations will switch to electric with canopies, chargers, tables, trash, washer, and pull-thru charging for towing.

Reactions: JPWhite
For sure. Not that it excuses it, but every SC should have a trashcan and washer station. Ideally, gas stations will switch to electric with canopies, chargers, tables, trash, washer, and pull-thru charging for towing.
Agreed. Our new SuC actually has a trash can! I was shocked to see it. I think the crux is, if it’s in a parking lot not of a specific business, who’s responsible for maintaining it?

I think this is one of the issues that divides EV owners. I only SC when travelling out of town 4-6 times per year, so I am willing to pay more for a well-maintained charging station. But if I was a SC-only user, I might be focused on getting the lowest cost, because I have to pay every week.