Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Montreal, QC - Cote Vertu Blvd.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel like such an idiot... I live 2 minutes from there, I noticed the construction weeks ago, assumed they would be for Circuit Electrique stations.

There were never any workers when I went shopping though...

That parking lot is a bit of a congested nightmare at peak hours, curious to see how people will respect the signage.

It's not a garage. It is just one ground level that happens to be sheltered from snow and ice.

Yes, like in the case of many other shopping center superchargers there will be a chance of ICEing.

On the other hand, where else can you find space for 12 covered stalls in a place like Montreal where real estate is so expensive?

Hello everyone,

First, let me say thank you Tesla for building the electric infrastructure that most governments don't have the courage to do. Tesla didn't have to do that and many people don't understand that. I don't see BMW nor GM nor Nissan, to name just these three, building any kind of electric infrastructure...

This being said, I can't say I'm really happy with this choice of location. I live in Bois-Francs which is 2 mins away from this SC so I most likely won't be using it anyway. I avoid going to Adonis like the plague because, in part, of that parking lot. There are other places around that shopping mall where they could have put it. The people that drive there are impolite and dangerous. High likelihood of both icing and getting your car dinged. Had they put it in an open space, still around there (remote spot at the Canadian Tire parking spot), there would have been need for snow removal, yes, but much less likely to be iced and much nicer experience overall.

Also, it is pretty far away from the highway system for Montreal if you're thinking that people will be using it for transit through Montreal. I agree with the people who mention having one at Dix30 and in Vaudreuil-Dorion at the junction of the 40/30 in the West Island. Lastly, where are the Ottawa and Quebec SCs???

Regards,

Bertrand

Hello everyone,

First, let me say thank you Tesla for building the electric infrastructure that most governments don't have the courage to do. Tesla didn't have to do that and many people don't understand that. I don't see BMW nor GM nor Nissan, to name just these three, building any kind of electric infrastructure...

This being said, I can't say I'm really happy with this choice of location. I live in Bois-Francs which is 2 mins away from this SC so I most likely won't be using it anyway. I avoid going to Adonis like the plague because, in part, of that parking lot. There are other places around that shopping mall where they could have put it. The people that drive there are impolite and dangerous. High likelihood of both icing and getting your car dinged. Had they put it in an open space, still around there (remote spot at the Canadian Tire parking spot), there would have been need for snow removal, yes, but much less likely to be iced and much nicer experience overall.

Also, it is pretty far away from the highway system for Montreal if you're thinking that people will be using it for transit through Montreal. I agree with the people who mention having one at Dix30 and in Vaudreuil-Dorion at the junction of the 40/30 in the West Island. Lastly, where are the Ottawa and Quebec SCs???

Regards,

Bertrand
My drives in la Belle Province usually entail either driving to Montreal itself or traversing the province to go to the Maritimes. Sounds like the thing to do is to avoid this one altogether. Cornwall to either Magog or Drummondville is very doable in the summer, though it would be nice to be stopping to use the rapid charging of a more depleted battery, but would not outweigh the benefits of using Route 30 to skirt south of the island. These discussions, like yours here, on Tesla Motors Club are invaluable for making reasonable decisions on travel plans. Thank you.

UPDATE!!!
Hello,
Thought I would give you an update on this site.
I dropped by the SC today to check on progress. There will be 12 stalls and the way they are positioned, in case they are busy, will be a nice use of auto park. There seems to be 2 in each row that are really close to each other meaning that they may be planned to be charging on opposite side and not side by side.
You see here that it is on the ground floor of a 2 level parking lot (2nd level is closed anyway).
The foreman told me it would be ready in 1 month and made a joke that "This is not Hydro-Quebec". I totally agree with him.
Hope this is useful.
B

IMG_2996.JPG
IMG_2997.JPG