Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Montreal, QC - Cote Vertu Blvd.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As someone who drives to Montreal regularly, I find this supercharger station well situated.

The Place Vertu Parking lot is rarely full and most people prefer to park closer to the doors than the covered lots. I do not think ICEing will be an issue.

For many years the covered lots were undergoing repairs and rarely used, so this is an improvement.

You can stop, get a bite and get back on the road easily. It's free, it's unexpected and a very pleasant surprise. Thumbs up.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
Again, bad choice for SC...

How much of a choice did they have? I am not sure how many places in Montreal are willing to give you 12 parking places + space for all the necessary equipment and perhaps pay a portion of the hydro bill as well.

The situation at the Montreal store is very bad. Sometimes five people waiting for one working stall, so at least this place will fix that.

As for alternative sites around Montreal, they may still come in addition to this one.

I can't quite figure out what the stall configuration is here, though. The columns holding up the roof seem to interfere with access.

So, as someone who might want to drive around the city, the question is .... Coming down the 401 from Ontario.....Better to avoid this one or not?Usually I take the 30 south of the island.

Unless your destination is someplace in Montreal or somewhere East of Quebec City on the North shore of the St. Lawrence, definitely take the 30 and bypass the island. Waze was good advice to warn about the rare exceptions.

... and that's exactly why they should have put the supercharger at Dix30 (corner of highway 10 and 30 on the South Shore).

Hi,

Well, that is not relevant for someone who has business in Montreal and needs to go back West... I think it's still a great thing that there is a SC in Montreal but it would be also nice to have one in the two spots I mentioned above.

Also, one must keep in mind that while destination chargers are nice to have, they are of no use to someone who only goes to the city and then drives back home after their business is done. A personal example is when I go to Quebec City for business. Having "only" a 70D means I need to supercharge in Drummondville going there (and I much prefer the 40 to the 20 also) which takes a while as I need to ensure I'll have enough juice to get back to Drummondville to supercharge again to make it back home. A SC in Quebec city or in major metropolitan areas would be very useful for these types of trips.

Regards,

Bertrand

Some new pictures from today (saturday may 14th). The charging stalls are all up, and I saw uninstalled transformer cabinets off to one side (not in the pics). I think their base is seen on the left side of the second and second to last pictures.

Note in the last picture what seems to be a temporary entrance to the covered structure directly from the street corner. I wonder whether (but doubt) if this will be kept as permament, would be a much faster way to access the chargers without having to drive past the Adonis shopping cart gauntlet.

IMG_3226.JPG
IMG_3228.JPG
IMG_3233.JPG
IMG_3235.JPG
IMG_3237.JPG

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks for the arrows. That makes a lot of sense. Very non standard for Tesla drivers used to the back-in SCs. This is the way the others in this parking lot park so that will not be disruptive for them. Hopefully, there will be bright green paint including the electric car logo on the asphalt to ensure maximum visibility otherwise, people will just park there. It is far enough from the main doors to lessen the likelihood of ICE'ing.

Looking forward to seeing it up and running.

Regards,

Bertrand

It's not a bad location in general. It's close to several highways, and close to the airport, so someone who brings someone else there can charge on its way in our out. (And the way from the airport to there, through Cavendish blvd. and highway 520 is rarely blocked).

The specific location is a bit strange, as the restaurants having extended opening hours (e.g. startbuks, scores) are located on the opposite side of the mall. But still, Adonis serves good food to take out: falafel, souvlaki, chicken, greek salad, couscous, etc. And you have to taste their baklavas! So contrarily to Berty1970, I enjoy a lot going there. Drivers are a bit rude and spaces are tight, but they are not nearly as crazy as those at the Marché Central. The parking is covered, and the location is sufficiently away from the mall entrance, those spaces where barely used from my experience, so the risk the stalls are ICEd is small.

So all in all, it is obviously a good location, IMO.

Reactions: Martin VanB
Hi,

Humpday update. The pictures above have not changed much. Here are some new ones from today. Asphalt is now in place as well as all the plastics for the superchargers. No lines yet painted. You will notice, as the picture posted earlier by Jeeps87, that there is still no transformer on site. I've also included a picture of what the parking lot looks like with cars in it to complement the great arrow work that Buzz did.
IMG_3005.JPG
IMG_3008.JPG
IMG_3006.JPG
IMG_3009.JPG
IMG_3010.JPG

I hope you find these useful.

Regards,

Bertrand