Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Montreal, QC - Cote Vertu Blvd.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ce matin 7h30

Attachments

• IMG_0864.JPG
    IMG_0864.JPG
    528.1 KB · Views: 142
For comparison, I plotted a histogram of the time the website supercharge.info reports in its Changes page as the number of days between the Construction status and the Open status.

SCconstrTime.png

Ignoring the occurrences of less than 4 days (as it is unlikely that a SC is built so quickly!), this is arguably another occurence of the log-normal distribution. The peak in the data is at about 3 weeks.

Quebec SCs sit near the end of the distribution. Not sure if it's because it's slow to build an SC here or because people report the Construction status more quickly.

• Informative
Reactions: Martin VanB
Am Supercharging here right now. Two things:

- As I arrived a guy didn't get the configuration and only backed the charge port end of the Model S into the spot. Result, he was blocking the road. I get this is a special set up but please, kind of obvious when you block a road!

- Please mind the shopping carts if you come here. Folks leave them freely roaming near the bus stop even though there are marked and enclosed places to leave them. As I charged, I saw a few travel on their own to (luckily) empty stalls. If available, I reco using the stalls between the charging hardware and the mall. A bit more sheltered.

Last edited:
Am Supercharging here right now. Two things:

- As I arrived a guy didn't get the configuration and only backed the charge port end of the Model S into the spot. Result, he was blocking the road. I get this is a special set up but please, kind of obvious when you block a road!

- Please mind the shopping carts if you come here. Folks leave them freely roaming near the bus stop even though there are marked and enclosed places to leave them. As I charged, I saw a few travel on their own to (luckily) empty stalls. If available, I reco using the stalls between the charging hardware and the mall. A bit more sheltered.
obviously, the layout isn't fool-proof. They need to paint it like the new 20 stalls supercharger in Norway.

Yeah I have seen a post somewhere in here about another Supercharger stall at a Service Center that they no longer accept public charging, they only keep it for the Service Center. I guess maybe they are going that way. In a way it's better like that for them because they don't have to deal with people coming inside the store for no reason other than waiting for their charge to be done...

I'm here at Place Vertu too at 11 pm. I have 44 km range available and there are 6 Teo Montreal taxis charging.
This isn't right as they have no right to do this.
I'm getting 63 km/ hr charging. I called Tesla to file a complaint.
It estimates over 6 hours to charge.
This is total SC abuse!
Bring on the $100.00 a charge as of January 1st.
One taxi now left and I'm getting a better charge but still...

I'm here at Place Vertu too at 11 pm. I have 44 km range available and there are 6 Teo Montreal taxis charging.
This isn't right as they have no right to do this.
I'm getting 63 km/ hr charging. I called Tesla to file a complaint.
It estimates over 6 hours to charge.
This is total SC abuse!
Bring on the $100.00 a charge as of January 1st.
One taxi now left and I'm getting a better charge but still...

Why wouldn't they have the right to do this? They might not be following the intent of the SC system as they are charging locally vs. along a long road trip, but there was no written condition until recently about what a buyer has the right to do regarding SC charging.

In my case, I was charging at 40 km/h! But I had the snowflake symbol turned on next to the remain range indicator (which means the battery does not have the stated capacity because of the cold temperature, below 0 F) so I attributed the slow charging rather to that than to the number of cars charging at the same time.

Hnhhhhhhhhbbn
Why wouldn't they have the right to do this? They might not be following the intent of the SC system as they are charging locally vs. along a long road trip, but there was no written condition until recently about what a buyer has the right to do regarding SC charging.

In my case, I was charging at 40 km/h! But I had the snowflake symbol turned on next to the remain range indicator (which means the battery does not have the stated capacity because of the cold temperature, below 0 F) so I attributed the slow charging rather to that than to the number of cars charging at the same time.
The cold weather affects it of course, but having a half dozen Tesla taxis charging at once doesn't help either!
So you're saying it's ok for them to do this? Unbelievable!
So three hours later they are back after having dropped off passengers and the trend continues 24 hours a day.
You say this is ok?
I don't think so! They should be forced to charge at their offices either with Chademo or hpwc.
Now I see why Elon doesn't want to sell to fleets.