Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Montreal, QC - Cote Vertu Blvd.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well there might be the occasional "degenerate case", but in general... people are cheap. Even a small charge tends to dissuade people from unnecessary usage. The reason is that people respond very irrationally to "free".

Example: shortly after we first made our Level II charging station available to the public, I noticed that someone was charging every single night. For an hour or two. He was sitting in his Ford Focus Electric and reading a newspaper. Sheesh - at the rate a Ford Focus could charge he was "earning" about $1 an hour doing this. I was happy to help out the occasional long-distance traveler given the limited access to charging in Ottawa... I however declined to subsidize 100% of his driving mileage, and invited him not to return.

Pretty sure even a modest charge would eliminate a lot of unnecessary Supercharging.

Well there might be the occasional "degenerate case", but in general... people are cheap. Even a small charge tends to dissuade people from unnecessary usage. The reason is that people respond very irrationally to "free".

Example: shortly after we first made our Level II charging station available to the public, I noticed that someone was charging every single night. For an hour or two. He was sitting in his Ford Focus Electric and reading a newspaper. Sheesh - at the rate a Ford Focus could charge he was "earning" about $1 an hour doing this. I was happy to help out the occasional long-distance traveler given the limited access to charging in Ottawa... I however declined to subsidize 100% of his driving mileage, and invited him not to return.

Pretty sure even a modest charge would eliminate a lot of unnecessary Supercharging.
I sure do hope there are less entitled idiots than cheap idiots.

All the more reason not to ever use TEO!
Am not entirely sure this achieves the long term goal: moving personal transportation away from fossil fuels. If you don't use Teo, and let Uber win (Uber is just starting in Montreal in January), we all lose. Uber does not care which cars their drivers use. And they don't treat drivers real well (I am in SF remember, and all drivers use Lyft and Uber. And tell the same story: Uber ain't great).

Teo is doing some very cool things that have needed doing for a long time in the taxi industry in Montreal. I rode in from the airport in a Model S, and rode out in a Model X. Both rides were great, the driver was courteous and both helped me load a giant pile of luggage and ski equipment in the car, with a smile. Payment was via the app, the cars were clean and well kept and the driver made sure we were comfortable.

Yes, they are a very visible, with distinctive paint job, problem at the Supercharger. But before shooting them down in flames, I'd try and reach out to them first, to see what their response is. A thoughtful message might unearth what their plans are. I can't believe that they see this current charging plan as the way forward for very long, they are growing!

Possible, although folks have been saying that 24$ an hour to park at a Supercharger is not high enough for areas like New York city. It is actually cheap parking.
Others also say that people paying to "park" at a Supercharger would feel entitled to do so, as they are paying for the privilege.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I personally do not know how to handle humans.
Then just scale up the rate for repeat offenders. After the fifth time double the toll.

I suspect the problem is with H-Q not being able to meet the peak Winter demand for the Superchargers and the shopping center. The speculation is based on the many reports of low power (45 kW - 60 kW) at the site which sound like the issues some experience in California (except the seasons for peak demand are inversed.)

I suspect the problem is with H-Q not being able to meet the peak Winter demand for the Superchargers and the shopping center. The speculation is based on the many reports of low power (45 kW - 60 kW) at the site which sound like the issues some experience in California (except the seasons for peak demand are inversed.)

If that is indeed the case, someone failed their site appraisal job spectacularly...

Same this morning...

upload_2018-1-29_9-39-51.png

I was here a few days ago.
We charged the car no problem except, that when getting out , our car fell into a gigantic crater. No dents, happily.
I took some photos, the potholes are huge! Does anyone else think that the management should fix this?
1FDB900E-B2B9-4E98-BC6C-407E57D5E38A.jpeg

Attachments

• 9180C980-0DB0-41FD-99EC-09FFB4D59402.jpeg
    9180C980-0DB0-41FD-99EC-09FFB4D59402.jpeg
    554.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 78C181E4-3756-4C7D-BE51-B515071A1FBC.jpeg
    78C181E4-3756-4C7D-BE51-B515071A1FBC.jpeg
    756.9 KB · Views: 50
What I hate the most there is:
1) Pot Hole. There a lot nearby.
2) People leaving the shopping cart near the bus stop and some roll down and might hit your car, or some people leave their cart at the supercharger.

I'm happy there one soon at Point-Claire Fairview.