Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Moonee Ponds, Vic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday I read this article about Mirvac and their support of EV chargers, and I found this quote:

"When Mirvac unveiled the Tesla Supercharger at Broadway in March 2018 it was the only Sydney CBD outlet with 8 bays offering a over 200klm charge in just 30 minutes. The same offer is being installed at Moonee Ponds Central in Melbourne this month."

I asked a few people if they could check the car park for evidence but couldn't find anything.

I asked MPC via Facebook chat and they responded: "We are in the process of acquiring superchargers however there may be delays. I will let you know more once I find out this afternoon." followed this afternoon by "The supercharger installation has been delayed. We expect the chargers to be installed by the end of the financial year."

Sounds pretty solid for a second Melbourne SC location soon!

Yep, shame about the location, I'll never use it and I'd has it as a bet most Tesla current customers would be in the same boat...current SDC location is a PITA to get to also.....why they haven't done one between Toorak, Armadale, Malvern, Malvern East and the otherside of the highway (so locate around top end of Toorak Road near the Woolworths) so it services the aforementioned suburbs which includes the extremely large Tesla owning Chinese community that are generally located in Doncaster, Box Hill, Survey Hills etc....beyond me...that's where I "think" 80% of there sales have been.....

I was at mpc today and chanced upon the project electrician. He informed that the switchboard was being manufactured now. 6 bays 24 hr access. A password to get in. Location basement adjacent to dcs. Open in about 2 months. I go along mt alex rd to get there and save the toll. However you can waist your money & turn off the freeway at brunswick st. Dan dan cafe opens at 6am and there is a Coles that opens at 6am

To be honest I wouldn't expect it to be up for another few months. Tesla is working hard to add CCS to superchargers around the country and is busy upselling current Model 3 reservationists.

Yeah, maybe they should add white as an interior option...according to the poll going they’d double their lock in orders.

Waited years, got told how amazing the white interior is by Elon Musk, bought an X with a white interior and agree it’s amazing....hanging out to replace my S with a 3 performance with a white interior only to find out “no”, one can only have black! WTF? Huff

Reactions: rioli33
This morning much of the cabling was in place

Thanks @eclectricdave, seems like they're not far off then. I went for a look a few months back and only found the lower level exisiting charger. Where exactly are they putting the new superchargers bays? Are they just next to them at the bottom of the underground car park? Seems like a strange location to me, not the easiest spot to find / get access to. I'm happy they're happening at least.

Where exactly are they putting the new superchargers bays? Are they just next to them at the bottom of the underground car park?

The superchargers are going in next to the existing destination chargers. If you're facing the end wall with the destination chargers, the superchargers will be in the carpark bays along the wall to the left.