Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Moonee Ponds, Vic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are the pipes and cable trays high enough to allow X's to spread their falcon wings?

I dropped in today, the PVC pipe on the far left of the plugshare photo (running up the concrete post) is 2100mm off the ground. The lowest pipe which is quite prominent in that photo is probably 100mm lower than that. So TLDR: Clearance around 2m

Does the X need 2.3m for full open doors?

No apparent changes to the site. Photo from PlugShare View attachment 447633

Went by last night on the way to the airport and no further works to the latest pic in the thread. It is a bit hard to get to, but I think the location is a mistake, anyone noticed the sign that states "carpark is closed strictly @ 11pm every night" , which I assume would just reopen @ 6-7am the next day.. that kills off 24 hours access to the superchargers which is so handy... should chosen a site that could have 24 hours access... bit of a waste 6 superchargers .. a better use of resources would be maybe 3@MPC and maybe the other 3 @ another location (with 24 hours access)

Reactions: bradjc
Went by last night on the way to the airport and no further works to the latest pic in the thread. It is a bit hard to get to, but I think the location is a mistake, anyone noticed the sign that states "carpark is closed strictly @ 11pm every night" , which I assume would just reopen @ 6-7am the next day.. that kills off 24 hours access to the superchargers which is so handy... should chosen a site that could have 24 hours access... bit of a waste 6 superchargers .. a better use of resources would be maybe 3@MPC and maybe the other 3 @ another location (with 24 hours access)
Tesla drivers get a code on their screen to unlock the place after hours.

Watching a Tesla road trip video recently that someone was doing in the states and it showed them getting a code from the in car nav to open a barrier to gain access to Superchargers, it was a first for them too but seems to be the standard solution for paid/limited access locations.

I feel like this is an opportunity for Tesla to integrate this into the onboard Homelink :D

• Funny
Reactions: Anubis
There's been some progress this week after not much happening the previous couple. Cables have now been properly terminated into the board and the cabling out to the superchargers neatly tied to the cable tray. It's looking like it won't be too far away from being powered up. Also still needs the CCS2 cables fitted.

MP SC Progress 20190919.jpg