Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Moose Jaw, SK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another no-update update. Well, except that the fence is gone now. Still need pedestals.

8C8DA841-1C75-4CB9-A9FD-D6588AF50A04.jpeg

Maybe the crew that just hit Regina will be here next... one can imagine that they’d work down the TCH to Swift Current and Medicine Hat, but they could equally head east to Whitewood, Portage, etc.

It’ll be interesting watching what’s next!

Another no-update update. Well, except that the fence is gone now. Still need pedestals.

View attachment 462766

Maybe the crew that just hit Regina will be here next... one can imagine that they’d work down the TCH to Swift Current and Medicine Hat, but they could equally head east to Whitewood, Portage, etc.

Whitewood already has pedestals, they were installed before Regina: Supercharger - Whitewood, SK

View attachment 462766

Clever way to hide the wire inside long PVC pipes.

Whitewood already has pedestals, they were installed before Regina: Supercharger - Whitewood, SK
Yeah, good point... I’d forgotten that.

Maybe they’ll head westward then... Moose Jaw and Swift look ready for pedestals, and I’d bet that Maple Creek could be ready for electricians to install the switching gear by next week, if not the actual pedestals.

For anyone that wants to check, ~ 5% of a Model 3 battery will get you in and out of Maple Creek. ;)

I stopped by this morning and talked to a Tesla employee inspecting the station. He said November to have the recent superchargers turned on. Also mentioned new Red Deer supercharger construction just started.
Maybe expanding from 4 stalls to 8? I might be through there this weekend and will take a look. Personally I'm happy to miss Gasoline Alley and would hate to see it moved there.

Reactions: johnny_snow
I stopped by this morning and talked to a Tesla employee inspecting the station. He said November to have the recent superchargers turned on. Also mentioned new Red Deer supercharger construction just started.

Did they happen to have pedestals installed yet, or was that still to come?

I’m wondering if that November timeline is to allow Elon to announce it on the earnings call this month. Maybe they are stealth-commissioning all these TCH stations “under the radar” so they can add them all to the supercharger map in one big announcement?

And if so, maybe get them turned up one-by-one and leave them active (but off the map) until then?

I’m selfishly hoping that’s the plan, so we don’t have to wait for some arbitrary announcement before we can start using some of these chargers.

Reactions: XHabjab
Did they happen to have pedestals installed yet, or was that still to come?

I’m wondering if that November timeline is to allow Elon to announce it on the earnings call this month. Maybe they are stealth-commissioning all these TCH stations “under the radar” so they can add them all to the supercharger map in one big announcement?

And if so, maybe get them turned up one-by-one and leave them active (but off the map) until then?

I’m selfishly hoping that’s the plan, so we don’t have to wait for some arbitrary announcement before we can start using some of these chargers.

there are no pedestals. I asked about the timeline and he said hey wouldn’t be all at once, but all switched on over a few weeks, in November.

Reactions: XHabjab
Maybe they are stealth-commissioning all these TCH stations “under the radar” so they can add them all to the supercharger map in one big announcement?

So out here in the Far East, we've had the 3 of the 6 most Eastern TCH chargers activated in the past couple of weeks that are still not on the in car charging map or showing in the app, could be your theory is correct with one big announcement probably at the earnings call. Ours have been turned on one at a time (well... over 2 days), so here's hoping they do the same for you folks out there. Ours all got turned on by one tech once the final one had all the connections to the hydro supply.

So out here in the Far East, we've had the 3 of the 6 most Eastern TCH chargers activated in the past couple of weeks that are still not on the in car charging map or showing in the app

That's not unusual... Many other sites have been fully functional for a week or so before they show up in the Nav or on the Tesla website. Sometimes it just takes a while for everything to get processed. But...if the other option sounds better to you... Run with it. :)

In addition to the thinner cables, the large charging cabinets with ventilation on top give it away as a V3 location.
Yes! :D This is amazing! I’ll forgive the TCH delay because we get better Superchargers in exchange for being patient since 2012. :cool:

I guess I shouldn’t speak for the
Saskatchewaners though.

Somebody please keep us posted on when it’s live …