Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Moraine, OH - (Service Center, limited hours)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any hints on When will the supercharging be operational?
See posts #32,34,36. I am not the definitive authority here but as I said this supercharger will probably not be for you. Their use is usually limited to the service center being able to rapidly charge cars in for serve. I have been known to be wrong but I'll still stake my money on it's not a public supercharger.

Here is a picture from today. April 28. Drove my Toyota. Didn't have much time. Looks like a service center by appointment only. Didn't try to charge or anything.

Attachments

• IMG_20220428_160943441_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220428_160943441_HDR.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 91
View attachment 798601The Moraine service center is now showing as open on the Tesla Find Us Map. For the Supercharge.info watchers, there are 2 supercharger stations here, but it is unclear if they are open to the public.
Would love to know - we are coming to visit relatives who live in Kettering in 3 weeks. This would be a great place to charge vs the SuC north of Dayton, even if we had to do it after closing...

I will try to figure this out in the next 3 weeks
Would love to know - we are coming to visit relatives who live in Kettering in 3 weeks. This would be a great place to charge vs the SuC north of Dayton, even if we had to do it after closing...
I will try to figure this out in the next few weeks. If you are taking I-75 south you can stop in Lima, Ohio for Free supercharging! Also, ChargePoint in the Dayton area is very reliable for L2 charging. Delco Park is very nice place to charge and so for a nice walk.

I will try to figure this out in the next 3 weeks

I will try to figure this out in the next few weeks. If you are taking I-75 sout you can stop in Lima, Ohio for Free supercharging! Also, ChargePoint in the Dayton area is very reliable for L2 charging. Delco Park is very nice place to charge and so for a nice walk.
Thank you. We usually stop at the SuC off I-70 (coming off I-75 south) to fill up as much as possible but it is out of the way, and of course after driving to Kettering and then around town, we burn up a lot of those electrons. And going back there to get more is a pain. We stay at a house with no special wiring - just a 15A 120V line with a long extension cord, giving us 3 miles/hour. I have gone to an L2 at a grocery store about 5 miles from their house but hate to do that since we don't shop there. That is why I would prefer to be able to use this 'new' location if possible.

Long time lurker, first time poster. I visit friends in Kettering sometimes and have been following this thread closely. It looks like these are not available for public use, at least when I stopped by this evening. The logos weren’t lit up and nothing happened when I plugged it in.
The destination chargers also have a sign that says Authorized Vehicle Only.

I hope this helps answer what a lot of us were wondering.

I was happy to see the recent post about the permit for new stalls in Beavercreek. That’ll help a lot, for traveling around the east / southeast side of Dayton.
DD098485-B2DA-48BC-9CA6-9A884ACAE39B.jpeg
7FA6389F-7771-47E8-92E4-76FDF7AFB769.jpeg
A13390C8-BDEA-49BA-BA18-013784C68D8A.jpeg
9ED90B5F-49FE-4757-BF4F-6F1D4D312CA2.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: FMinMI
Long time lurker, first time poster. I visit friends in Kettering sometimes and have been following this thread closely. It looks like these are not available for public use, at least when I stopped by this evening. The logos weren’t lit up and nothing happened when I plugged it in.

The logos on the charging pedestals not being lit up means they are not on or powered. That could be that the service center disables them every night, or that they are not fully commissioned yet. I'm not saying I think people should hold their breath. I stated earlier in this thread that putting public superchargers at service centers is something that Tesla generally started going away from several years ago, and these likely would be intended/expected for use by the delivery center only.

Most definitive answer on this question likely will require one of the local owners talking directly with the service center staff at some time.

I hope this helps answer what a lot of us were wondering.

I was happy to see the recent post about the permit for new stalls in Beavercreek. That’ll help a lot, for traveling around the east / southeast side of Dayton.
View attachment 799042View attachment 799043View attachment 799044View attachment 799045
Bummer... :-( Did you try the destination chargers? Did they work? At least 30 minutes there would give me enough juice for the trips around town. And I assume there is no fence to enter?

The logos on the charging pedestals not being lit up means they are not on or powered. That could be that the service center disables them every night, or that they are not fully commissioned yet. I'm not saying I think people should hold their breath. I stated earlier in this thread that putting public superchargers at service centers is something that Tesla generally started going away from several years ago, and these likely would be intended/expected for use by the delivery center only.

Most definitive answer on this question likely will require one of the local owners talking directly with the service center staff at some time.
I understand the need to have them exclusively available during the day but they should allow use at night, especially with how many cars they are now selling vs the rate of SuC installations.

And yes, it would be great if someone locally could ask them directly. If no one posts here before then, when we go down in late May I plan to stop and plead the case to please let travelers use them off hours.

I understand the need to have them exclusively available during the day but they should allow use at night, especially with how many cars they are now selling vs the rate of SuC installations.

And yes, it would be great if someone locally could ask them directly. If no one posts here before then, when we go down in late May I plan to stop and plead the case to please let travelers use them off hours.
As several of us have stated earlier, the new single unit supercharger and the destination chargers are for sales/service vehicles. While Morraine may do something different, as I confirmed with my service center on Merritt Island they are not for drop ins.

Bummer... :-( Did you try the destination chargers? Did they work? At least 30 minutes there would give me enough juice for the trips around town. And I assume there is no fence to enter?
I didn’t get to this time, I should’ve given them a shot. When I get back, it should be before you’re in the area, I’ll see if I can stop by again. I can recommend a couple Dorothy Lane Markets close by, with destination chargers, the one on Far Hills Ave was great and well marked. It shows up on your built-in navigation. The store is very nice and has Killer Brownies (they’re actually called that).

Attachments

• CD37C3BF-EC69-489F-AA74-59BCB0EA29BC.jpeg
    CD37C3BF-EC69-489F-AA74-59BCB0EA29BC.jpeg
    540.8 KB · Views: 61
As several of us have stated earlier, the new single unit supercharger and the destination chargers are for sales/service vehicles. While Morraine may do something different, as I confirmed with my service center on Merritt Island they are not for drop ins.
I read that, but also read post #43 which gave me the (unconfirmed) impression the SC was allowing the use of the SuCs. I can only hope. I would only need to use the SuC once, and it would save me a 42 mile round trip to the SuC on N. Main. This SC is 2.1 miles away from where we will be staying...

I didn’t get to this time, I should’ve given them a shot. When I get back, it should be before you’re in the area, I’ll see if I can stop by again. I can recommend a couple Dorothy Lane Markets close by, with destination chargers, the one on Far Hills Ave was great and well marked. It shows up on your built-in navigation. The store is very nice and has Killer Brownies (they’re actually called that).
That was the grocery store I used the last time in Kettering. :) But of course its a lot slower than a SuC and we (nor the family we stay with) don't shop there so I feel bad using it (I did go in buy a pop and some cookies that I didn't need). Likewise, I never go to the local hotel to use theirs either. To me, that is not right unless there is an emergency, in which case I would ask first...

Reactions: kavyboy
I just got back from Indy. Yesterday, I stumbled on a Tesla service center while out to eat. I talked with the staff and they happily let me use a destination charger while we ate. But, the the Indianapolis service center had a lot more destination chargers than Moraine. I might talk with the Moraine staff and see what they think.

Reactions: FMinMI
I just got back from Indy. Yesterday, I stumbled on a Tesla service center while out to eat. I talked with the staff and they happily let me use a destination charger while we ate. But, the the Indianapolis service center had a lot more destination chargers than Moraine. I might talk with the Moraine staff and see what they think.
Thanks for the info. If I could use the SuC, would only need 30 minutes one day to get by for our long weekend stays (Thurs-Sun) coming up.