Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Riverside, CA - Canyon Springs Parkway (Moreno Valley, LIVE 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mociaf9

Oct 18, 2018
CA
@marcoooo12 reported on Supercharge.info finding a Supercharger under construction at the Target by the Moreno Valley Mall. Basically right in the fork of where the 60 and 215 freeways split apart when going east/south. Included in that post was the picture below.

Using that information, I was able to find the Riverside building permit for the project, independently confirming that it was for a Supercharger. While the permit calls for 12 superchargers, the conduit in the picture shows that it might actually be for 16, hence the "?" in the thread title. Or maybe they're pre-preparing for a future expansion. Or that I'm not that good at deciphering V3 supercharger station conduit patterns, yet.

Riverside comm. building permit 18-5763 description: "INSTALL (12) TESLA CHARGING STATIONS; (4) TYPE 2 EV CHARGERS; TRANSFORMERS; AND 2500AMP ELECTRIC SERVICE (METER) PANEL"

Address: 2755 Canyon Springs Pkwy, Riverside, CA 92507
GPS: 33.939957, -117.282508

Moreno Valley.jpg

@marcoooo12 reported on Supercharge.info finding a Supercharger under construction at the Target by the Moreno Valley Mall. Basically right in the fork of where the 60 and 215 freeways split apart when going east/south. Included in that post was the picture below.

Using that information, I was able to find the Riverside building permit for the project, independently confirming that it was for a Supercharger. While the permit calls for 12 superchargers, the conduit in the picture shows that it might actually be for 16, hence the "?" in the thread title. Or maybe they're pre-preparing for a future expansion. Or that I'm not that good at deciphering V3 supercharger station conduit patterns, yet.

Riverside comm. building permit 18-5763 description: "INSTALL (12) TESLA CHARGING STATIONS; (4) TYPE 2 EV CHARGERS; TRANSFORMERS; AND 2500AMP ELECTRIC SERVICE (METER) PANEL"

Address: 2755 Canyon Springs Pkwy, Riverside, CA 92507
GPS: 33.939957, -117.282508

View attachment 469495

Nice find! I like the idea of Tesla installing free L2 chargers with J-1772 connectors at their Superchargers. I assume that is what is going on here.

All the "other" EV drivers will get a first hand demonstration of how much better a Tesla is for road trips. Also get to meet Tesla owners. Word of mouth.

RT

Nice find! I like the idea of Tesla installing free L2 chargers with J-1772 connectors at their Superchargers. I assume that is what is going on here.

All the "other" EV drivers will get a first hand demonstration of how much better a Tesla is for road trips. Also get to meet Tesla owners. Word of mouth.

RT
The L2 will be Chargepoint stations, I'm pretty sure. It seems to be part of their agreement with Target that they put in the Chargepoint L2 stations alongside the installation of superchargers. I think at most locations they are free during store hours and then there's a charge after hours.

• Informative
Reactions: RubberToe
The L2 will be Chargepoint stations, I'm pretty sure. It seems to be part of their agreement with Target that they put in the Chargepoint L2 stations alongside the installation of superchargers. I think at most locations they are free during store hours and then there's a charge after hours.
Actually, the standard policy for Target's ChargePoint L2 stations is 2 hours free, then $2/hr. It's not related to store hours.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
I talked to some of the employees in Target and they do not know when it will be completed. Here is a map of the area with the yellow indicating where the charging stations are being placed. Plenty of food options nearby including an El Pollo Loco and Rubios across the street (not shown on map). What's funny is that this area technically is Riverside and not Moreno Valley.

supercharger-Target.png

Actually, the standard policy for Target's ChargePoint L2 stations is 2 hours free, then $2/hr. It's not related to store hours.
Interesting facts. I never pay attention to it but now that you mention it, Anaheim Hills, that Target has some ChargePoint next to urban chargers too.

but I don’t recall the Westminster Mall Target having ChargePoint chargers, just urban chargers