Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Morgan Hill, CA (LIVE 24 Oct 2019, 14 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guess we’ll find out later today or tomorrow about planned work here. Drove by this a.m. and noticed similar No Parking signage in the same basic area of the parking lot extending from the marked Tesla area to all the way towards Hwy 101 behind the Tesla area. Hmmm. Retrenching??

0ECF9B53-C0CB-45F6-80EE-CED002F4C74C.jpeg 67E37FA5-ECB7-4520-BC51-617C3EE15004.jpeg 952F956F-B997-4530-8D98-AD06416FD94D.jpeg

Just went by the location and noticed the first charger had the yellow tape removed while the others were still restricted. I did not want to chance plugging in my X and not be able to disconnect. Waiting for this location to be activated has been a long, drawn out process! When will they finish!?

Here at 2:45pm and all the sawhorses with the No Parking signs are gone. As indicated yellow tape still up except for a few of the stalls. But I see broken tape on the ground. Noticed this stack of metal parts near one of Units. Can see wires on it. Any idea what these parts could be?

DC241090-6D3E-4605-A2E3-BC7144694B13.jpeg

44B29D77-974B-4985-A8D8-DF6F8D155C93.jpeg

2693D1BF-7574-4F89-90F3-5A146BCFC809.jpeg

Checked ”Navigate to Supercharger” and no mention of Morgan Hill yet.

Last edited:
Just went by the location and noticed the first charger had the yellow tape removed while the others were still restricted. I did not want to chance plugging in my X and not be able to disconnect. Waiting for this location to be activated has been a long, drawn out process! When will they finish!?

The mechanism that locks the charge connector into your charge port is a part of your car, and is controlled by your car, not the Supercharger. You should always be able to do "Unlock Charge Port" on the CID (or the mobile app) and be able to unplug, regardless of the state of the charging station. Just for your reference next time you go by the site. :)

Bruce.

• Informative
Reactions: goldengate
Here at 2:45pm and all the sawhorses with the No Parking signs are gone. As indicated yellow tape still up except for a few of the stalls. But I see broken tape on the ground. Noticed this stack of metal parts near one of Units. Can see wires on it. Any idea what these parts could be?

View attachment 468939
View attachment 468940
View attachment 468943

Checked ”Navigate to Supercharger” and no mention of Morgan Hill yet.

Looks like a stack of hydraulic jacks... used for trenching reinforcement or bracing. :cool:

NOT QUITE THERE yet, but all the yellow tape and white netting covering all the handles are gone. ChargePoint still covered (they have their own power supply from what I saw of the equipment cabinets). I suspect MH Supercharger will be live soon. No “Navigate To” this Supercharger yet.

257C9AFA-3706-4C06-96B4-E7F628396E06.jpeg

OK and I tried it out, twice just in case, since all the covers were off...flashing blue only, No Green. :(

Since someone asked about plugging in before ready and not getting the handle to unlock to remove, FWIW the handle was locked onto my car when I went to remove and I just had to go into car, depress Open Charge Port on the screen and was able to remove the handle at that point. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: bmah
BTW before I pulled away a PG&E truck pulled up near the transformer cabinets and so I asked him if he was there to turn on the power to the charging and he said he wasn’t. Said if there wasn’t power yet the meters hadn’t been activated yet. Does this get done from some central office or in the field at location? Should have asked him. Did check Navigate To at home before leaving car and still not showing up.

Does look like non-Tesla EVs will have a longer wait.

418DEE64-43B7-46DE-8FFB-8B5F5242CD88.jpeg

Last edited:
I ran into the Tesla employee that was checking the connections and she said the units were not getting power. She was upset because they were supposed to be active yesterday, Oct. 24th, but the Tesla construction individual did not coordinate the installation of the meter and power activation. When I asked her how much longer before the site is up and running, she said it could take up to a few weeks, but she hoped it would be sooner.

I'm there every morning at the Starbucks so will keep checking :). Now with the weekend's high wind fire danger we're being told is projected to happen, I'm sure this will be in an area that loses it's power this weekend due to the safety shutoff. Last event in this area, 10/9-10/10, Cochrane Road area was down and Starbucks and those businesses in that complex were closed.

Thanks for the update! Target has food inside next to Starbucks. Pizza and stuff for the kids I think.

That's true, Pizza Hut (limited selection but by the slice) and hot dogs if I recall. Maybe popcorn. That Target also has a grocery section with some ready made items as well. I did forget to mention there's a Dickey's BBQ next to Mr. Pickles and down at the entrance to the shopping area at Cochrane Rd., a Burger King. Lots of other food places in the shopping centers on the other side of 101 from Target in case you want to pick up before or after charging.

Now that the chargers are finally up and running, I wanted to mention the eating establishments within walking distance. They are in no order of preference:
Dickey’s BBQ, Mr. Pickles sandwiches, MOD pizza, Chile’s, Hawaiian BBQ, Red Robin, Burger King, and a Starbucks.

The shopping center has, besides Target, a Staples, DSW shoes, Dick’s Sporting Good, Party City, Pet Smart, Verizon, Message Envy, Sports Clips, among other stores.