Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Morgan Hill, CA (LIVE 24 Oct 2019, 14 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A friend that lives in the area has seen the construction in progress (pictures to come).

I did find the permit online here:
Permit #BCOM2018-0150
eTRAKiT

Address: 1061 COCHRANE RD

9/18/2018 7:41:09 AM , AUTOTRANSFORMERS; 14 CHARGING STATIONS; 1 QED SWITCHBOARD; 1 UTILITY TRANSFORMER; 3 PED LIGHTS; 2 L2 DUAL PORT CHARGERS; 1 STEPDOWN TRANSFORMER; 1 DISTRIBUTION PANEL

A friend that lives in the area has seen the construction in progress (pictures to come).

Permit #BCOM2018-0150
eTRAKiT

9/18/2018 7:41:09 AM , AUTOTRANSFORMERS; 14 CHARGING STATIONS; 1 QED SWITCHBOARD; 1 UTILITY TRANSFORMER; 3 PED LIGHTS; 2 L2 DUAL PORT CHARGERS; 1 STEPDOWN TRANSFORMER; 1 DISTRIBUTION PANEL
@BlueShift @Chuq

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
Interesting the permit from the info you posted was in 2018. We had been told last year by a few service people actually that this area south of San Jose would be getting a service center. Hasn’t happened yet but would be nice for everyone living between Seaside and San Jose unless the plan was for Superchargers (both would be nice). Drivers come over from Los Banos area to the Bay area for work travel past Gilroy and Morgan Hill to get north as well so pretty heavily traveled area of 101. Just today Elon or Zack Kirkhorn mentioned something in the Quarterly call about knowing where their owners and Tesla drivers were located and so the company was working to get resources to those areas.

• Informative
Reactions: Shirt4878
It does say the permit was “Issued” on 07/17/2019

Yes permit was issued this month but plans were filed last year and might have been discoverable before then, if we were looking or knew to look—not on Teslas coming soon SC map. The 2018 in BCOM2018-0150 was the timing clue. Pretty much every city’s permit has some type of year signified in the numbering system they use.

D0B93BDE-330C-42BD-BA35-848DEAAB8FA8.png

Permit #BCOM2018-0150
eTRAKiT

upload_2019-7-24_22-10-7.png

Had dinner out and stopped in Target so made a point of checking it out. Live in the area. Far left of Target’s building, kind of expected location against the far end of lot and along 101 side. Grabbed a couple of nighttime photos and the equipment is partially visible behind the fencing. The construction equipment is across from See’s Candies with stalls closer to Target.

822D4B85-FD1B-4CFE-AB26-E924A076376D.jpeg

AE0273A7-E887-460B-B48B-B1A8958A0237.jpeg

28CC88EB-6E67-45F3-8D70-AF999CA771BC.jpeg

A word of warning. There have been a lot of car break ins in this shopping center (right off 101–fast highway getaway for perps) and the SCs aren’t really close to the stand alone Starbucks or Target (SB inside Target as well) so would caution people to stay with their cars if possible. The Ulta store is close to the SC construction area and was recently hit by thieves who walked out with $s of products. Dick’s Sporting Goods in same shopping center also hit at a different time. Both were recently in the news along with a story on a neighborhood near there that had reports of a burglary crew casing cars in the neighborhood at night (they surprised a woman in her car at midnight when they approached her car and then fled in a waiting vehicle). So probably best to pick up coffee or food and drink/eat in your car. The shopping center has a patrol service but they can’t see everything. As you can tell it is well lit though.

Last edited:
The Starbucks (drive-thru) at this location is generally my morning stop so easy enough to check progress whenever. Took this today, workmen there behind the fence. Hadn’t realized it last night but the charging aisle is not all the way at the freeway side border of the lot but has regular parking on both sides. Photo taken driving past Staples and Ulta.

4A8DB9AF-4697-46B3-8896-906A674BD826.jpeg

The crane btw in the photo was at Target not the SC area.

I just found out about this yesterday and super excited as well! Morgan Hill is an awesome town. This might be a long shot but I'm really hoping they build another one in the downtown area. They are building a lot and there are so many cool breweries, restaurants and wine tasting rooms all walking distance to each other.

I just found out about this yesterday and super excited as well! Morgan Hill is an awesome town. This might be a long shot but I'm really hoping they build another one in the downtown area. They are building a lot and there are so many cool breweries, restaurants and wine tasting rooms all walking distance to each other.
they already have chargepoint stations in the downtown parking lot structure.

Way to close to Gilroy for my taste...

A truck was just pulling into the gated area as I was approaching the area Monday morning and there were workers walking around so didn't want to pull out my camera like some paparazzi :cool:; went stealth mode instead by using TelsaCam saving the video clip from it. Progress can be noted even from this small window looking in. Overcast morning.

MHSC_072919 - 1.jpg

Going up fast. When I was there earlier this morning they had the fence closed. Really surprised by the progress they’ve made in the last few days.

Hey, I found another Tesla charging site not on the map -- planning work just happening (Gilroy Target). Started a thread with photos.

Last edited: