Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Morgantown, WV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you check out the Tesla Supercharger website and check out their planned map for 2017, it looks like they're planning on putting a supercharger station in Charleston, WV at some point as well as one on I79 midway between Charleston and Morgantown. ETA would be anyone's guess, though.

On another note, I stopped by the Sheetz in Morgantown again today, and I still didn't see any sign of construction.

Tomorrow afternoon should yield some updated information about construction timelines :)

Reactions: MogWV
If you check out the Tesla Supercharger website and check out their planned map for 2017, it looks like they're planning on putting a supercharger station in Charleston, WV at some point as well as one on I79 midway between Charleston and Morgantown. ETA would be anyone's guess, though.

On another note, I stopped by the Sheetz in Morgantown again today, and I still didn't see any sign of construction.
es

Charleston WV supercharger - tesla exploring option at a great location :

Tesla discussing electric-car charging station in Charleston

Did any updates come out about Morgantown construction timelines? Or was that in reference to Charleston?

Thanks,

Unfortunately, there is still no hard timeline for construction to begin. There are complications with pending development at the site that will likely hold up start of the install for a bit longer. Both parties confirmed continued commitment to the executed contract.

The following was posted by a member of the local fire marshall's office here in Morgantown today.

upload_2017-4-3_12-22-38.png

That's great news--hopefully it is open for the 'Eers' first game this fall. Has anyone heard anything new about the proposed Supercharger in Charleston. That is needed so badly to open up I-77 for trips to Florida.

Tesla has expressed interest to the owners of the Courtyard downtown. A group of local owners have been lobbying management and ownership of the facility, but there appears to be some concern over the 'lost parking spaces'. It's a fairly convenient location relative to on/off and all of the amenities downtown. Fingers crossed.

Tesla has expressed interest to the owners of the Courtyard downtown. A group of local owners have been lobbying management and ownership of the facility, but there appears to be some concern over the 'lost parking spaces'. It's a fairly convenient location relative to on/off and all of the amenities downtown. Fingers crossed.

Let's hope it gets done. Charleston is such a vital missing link to the network especially for those of us living in Ohio.

Reactions: 1101011

OTOH, I'd point out that the slots that tend to get ICEd most easily (and cleared more difficultly) are those adjoining hotels. The churn in the parking lot means that once cars park they tend to stay there for hours and the owners disappear. Getting the hotel to enforce the charging spaces means towing their paying customers for a Tesla that's just passing through... a hard sell, typically. If they're already concerned about losing spaces, that suggests they don't have a lot of extra ones. I'd rather see all Superchargers located outside restaurants. At least that way you'd know if you hit one en route early in the morning or late at night they'd be clear... and any blocked space is by an owner who is both nearby AND no more valuable to the business than you are.

Hope it is there by late June. I have been wanting to come "home" to Morgantown during my round the country trip with my kids this summer but was not sure I wanted the charging stress. If it is there, we will definitely come, I lived from the ages of 3 to 16 in Morgantown.

Reactions: kevinf311
Hope it is there by late June. I have been wanting to come "home" to Morgantown during my round the country trip with my kids this summer but was not sure I wanted the charging stress. If it is there, we will definitely come, I lived from the ages of 3 to 16 in Morgantown.

We'll keep you up to date with this thread. If you need some suggestions as to where to stay/eat that weren't here 'back in the day', let me know. Morgantown of the present has seen a lot of change over the past decade.

Reactions: kevinf311
The Morgantown Parking Authority, PARKING INFO - Morgantown Parking Authority (304) 284-7435, has been delightfully accommodating when we have visited our daughter, son-in-law, and grandson in Morgantown. There's a single (level 2?) charger in the Farmer's Market, which is nominally permit parking only. But if you call the Authority, and explain that you need to use the charger, they will tell you when it is ok to park there (typically on Sundays or after hours on other days), and they make a note so you won't get ticketed or towed. The supercharger will be superwelcome, so we can charge in under an hour rather than overnight, but this sure beats trying to charge from a home outlet at 3 miles/hour. I'd suggest registering with plugshare, https://company.plugshare.com/products/drivers/, so we can better co-ordinate use of a very scarce resource.