Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Morgantown, WV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Possible sign of activity to come. Added up what's there and it's within one section of being exactly enough to fence in the construction area outlined on the plans.

Attachments

• Resized952017051995074421.jpg
    Resized952017051995074421.jpg
    387.7 KB · Views: 118
Reactions: Dublin 'Eer
The Morgantown Parking Authority, PARKING INFO - Morgantown Parking Authority (304) 284-7435, has been delightfully accommodating when we have visited our daughter, son-in-law, and grandson in Morgantown. There's a single (level 2?) charger in the Farmer's Market, which is nominally permit parking only. But if you call the Authority, and explain that you need to use the charger, they will tell you when it is ok to park there (typically on Sundays or after hours on other days), and they make a note so you won't get ticketed or towed. The supercharger will be superwelcome, so we can charge in under an hour rather than overnight, but this sure beats trying to charge from a home outlet at 3 miles/hour. I'd suggest registering with plugshare, https://company.plugshare.com/products/drivers/, so we can better co-ordinate use of a very scarce resource.

They've also applied for a destination charger, but have yet to hear back from Tesla.

I also noticed that Tesla is using a local contractor for the work, at least thus far. Is that typical? While I think it's great that they're supporting local companies, I was somewhat under the impression that they had a team of folks that went from site to site to complete the installs.

I also noticed that Tesla is using a local contractor for the work, at least thus far. Is that typical? While I think it's great that they're supporting local companies, I was somewhat under the impression that they had a team of folks that went from site to site to complete the installs.
All the sites are individually bid. Sometimes local contractors , sometimes not.

• Informative
Reactions: jbumps