Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Morgantown, WV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@jbumps: If there will be a supercharger in Morgantown (which is not huge), what would be the point of a destination charger at the Farmer's Market? It would have been very welcome before the announcement of the supercharger, but I cannot imagine why I would charge at a destination charger when there's a supercharger a few miles away.

@jbumps: If there will be a supercharger in Morgantown (which is not huge), what would be the point of a destination charger at the Farmer's Market? It would have been very welcome before the announcement of the supercharger, but I cannot imagine why I would charge at a destination charger when there's a supercharger a few miles away.

My hope, as was the Parking Authority's: The supercharger is not far, you're right. I've spent time in places where a supercharger wasn't far, but having a destination charger was more convenient. Good example - arrive to downtown Morgantown on 'E' and leave it at the destination charger overnight if staying at a downtown hotel (or for the afternoon if not staying the night) and avoid the 20-50 minutes plus travel time to use the SC. It's an incentive to get travelers into downtown, which the SC will not assist with. Given the state's (coal country) anit-EV reputation, the more accommodating the we can appear on the map, the better.

Reactions: Fiddler and Lanny
From today:
xUcdk4b.jpg

This is another location I'm anxiously awaiting. My parents are in SW Ohio, I've had to take the Hagerstown, Somerset, Tridelphia route. This adds at least 30 mins to the drive. However, I've found that I can charge to 230 - 240 miles in Tridelphia when heading east and I can make it to the house with using US-40 from Washington, PA to Grantsville, MD and still have 35+ miles remaining. Not bad for a 210 mile trip through the Appalachians at 70 mph. The 13 mile downhill into Cumberland, MD helps. I've also noticed on the Tesla site a listing for a charger coming soon in LaVale, MD. My only concern is that it will be around 220 miles from the Morgantown charger to my parents place, without any chargers including L2 chargers along the route. I guess I'll have to take a chance and test it once to see. Worst case my dad has a truck and a car hauler to come get me.

Getting closer ...
It indeed is getting closer. Stopped by the site yesterday on my way back from Clarksburg/Bridgeport and chatted with the crew supervisor. Who understandably was tight lipped about the opening schedule but stated that once they finish, Local Fire Department will have to approve it. BTW crew is from Clarksburg.
In the meanwhile enjoy the picture:
IMG_5432[1].JPG