Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Morgantown, WV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Which I-68 Sheetz location in Morgantown is this SC located at? There are several. BTW - VERY glad to have this SC! The last time I drive west through Morgantown was 2013 when I still had my Signature S. Had to charge for 10 (ten!) hours downtown while sitting at a friend's office, eating meals slowly!! More on that 36 hour trip from Bethesda to Bloomington, IN at Life on the Electric (Vehicle) Highway: Part 2, Out to Indiana
Many thanks, Tesla and Tesla drivers!!

@Schlesinger183 Wow, how times have changed. We did a cross-country road trip (PA→CA & back) in November 2015, and even then we were able to use Superchargers for almost all of our charging needs. It's really pretty impressive how fast they've built out the network!

That drive must have been fun! - and the impressive SC network is one of Tesla's brilliant aces. My 36 hour DC-Indiana drive in 2013 was all about nostalgia (I regularly do it in 1/4 that time now), but for any other EV, the snail-pace will go on and on - the over-200 EVs like the Bolt and someday 2021 VW must still stop and charge for hours on a long drive, and the sub-200 mile EVs can barely make it to the next city.

No power and cones are still in place

IMG_20170817_145710-499x374.jpg
IMG_20170817_145726-499x374.jpg
IMG_20170817_145810-499x374.jpg

Tried it out this morning, but no dice. Then, driving through Morgantown, we saw a guy walking down the street wearing a Tesla logo polo. Hmm. Wonder if he's heading over to turn it on? :)

I learned from the construction guys, that the necessary inspections (fire marshall?) always slowed down the process. And that it sometimes took the power company a month or more to flip the switch. Also, they hinted that there might be an event of some type that celebrated "go live" for all the new chargers in the area - Cumberland, Weston, Beckley.

• Informative
Reactions: rjpryan
Thanks a lot for the update. You are probably the first one attempting to charge at this location. :):):)

That was more of a formality to get the info on the charging screen but just pressing the "charge door release button" on the cable is a good enough test because if it doesn't open the charge door then it doesn't yet have power. It was also the only spot without a cone so I was hopeful but alas a no go.

Reactions: ABVA
I tested the La Vale one this morning, making a trip to OH from the DC area next weekend. If Morgantown is open by then I will be able to take I79 to US 50, saving a bunch of miles. With the La Vale one open, that lets me to avoid the PA Turnpike which is really nice.