Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Morgantown, WV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was very happy this charger was available this past weekend. With my old ICE car the trip from my parents in OH to my place in WV would take 6.5-7 hrs. When having to go through Wheeling and PA that increased the time to 8 hours. I made it from the house to Morgantown, 227 miles, left with 251 miles of charge arrived with 15 miles remaining. It made the full trip from OH to WV completed in 7 hrs 10 mins. Not much different than it used to be.
The trip from Morgantown to the house was a bit closer on power, I arrived with only 7 miles remaining, but it was night, rained for a short time, and it was cold enough that I had the heater on.
I find it interesting that the Tesla site (and the Nav unit) neither show the charger as completed yet. However, I was happy to see a new upcoming charger in Parkersburg, WV. Listed as coming in 2018.

IMG_3796.jpg
It is officially open!

Here we are. 3:30 pm on 9/19/17.

So far I am getting a very good charging rate .. I have an early 2013 S with the A battery so I am limited to 90 kW, but I've seen much slower at other SC's on this trip. Currently getting 84 kW with 116 miles/46% in the battery.

Excuse quality of the photo ... taken with my phone with severe sun backlighting.

View attachment 248595

This SC frees me from ever using the Penn Turnpike again. Climbing the hills on I 68 is a blast in a Tesla.
I hope my S looks that good in 5 years.

plumazul, I'm with you on never using the Penn Turnpike again. I was thrilled a couple weeks ago when I was able to use this charger. I was very pleased when it showed up on the Tesla site as being Open, that means I don't have to worry about whether it will be on or not when I'm headed there.

Reactions: plumazul
Excellent, I will be in Fairmont for 2 weeks for work and I will be using this supercharger to keep me at my 80% for the two weeks I am there.

Never been to this area, assuming morgantown with WVU would have decent bars and such to hang out right?

Excellent, I will be in Fairmont for 2 weeks for work and I will be using this supercharger to keep me at my 80% for the two weeks I am there.

Never been to this area, assuming morgantown with WVU would have decent bars and such to hang out right?

Unfortunately, not that familiar with the Morgantown/Fairmont area. I'm originally from Charleston and moved to the Martinsburg area last year, so we're just driving through most of the time, but I would presume there would be plenty of entertainment for the college kids.

• Helpful
Reactions: SpudLime