Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mornington, Vic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another dunce location, love spening time in the carpark of a home maker centre. at 3am. I am going to put this down that it was the best that could be done at the time.....

It's not a bad spot really.
No, it's not on the freeway, but it's already pretty common to see Teslas in Mornington, Mt Eliza and Mt Martha. Heck, the Nepean Highway probably sees more than the freeway.
They're less likely to get ICEd there over summer than they would be closer to the centre of town.

Yes, I would not supported the centre of Mornington either. I must have misread and assumed it was a homemaker center. So yes, at least it has a couple of things to entertain. I guess its one of those ones that might be good for someone without a home charger to fill up whilst in Coles. I am dissapointed they can't make a solar shade over these things. Yes, it doesn't produce much power, but it looks good and keeps you dry. Longer term, these type of locations just need banks of 11kW 3ph AC chargers at somthing like 30c kWh.

Another dunce location, love spening time in the carpark of a home maker centre. at 3am.
Sorry but that is one of those "I don't want an EV because I can't drive 800kms without stopping" type comments, in your lifetime how often are you really going to be coming home from the peninsular at 3am with such a low battery that you couldn't continue on to any of the ones in the city if that is your concern? 10 mins there would get you enough charge to get to Richmond.

Reactions: mike_j and Chuq
Sorry but that is one of those "I don't want an EV because I can't drive 800kms without stopping" type comments, in your lifetime how often are you really going to be coming home from the peninsular at 3am with such a low battery that you couldn't continue on to any of the ones in the city if that is your concern? 10 mins there would get you enough charge to get to Richmond.

Not its a case of random trips pop up when least expected, like when the car has 50km of range left in it. Things just pop up all the time, and a carpark at 3am in the rain is not the best. First breed of fast chargers need to be near existing 24/7 services. When using the hume, I frequently stop an non Tesla chargers when the conditions and time of day don't suit. EG, Euroa, the Tesla one is a fine if its a nice day, walk down to the barkery and get a coffee and treatm but the chargers at the Shell service station are more convinient most of the time. Wodonga also is fine, but late at night, Barnawatha is the pick.

Last edited:
Chargers literally going in as I type

Attachments

• FC91D0B9-4914-42B3-BF9C-D8DDF634AB39.jpeg
    FC91D0B9-4914-42B3-BF9C-D8DDF634AB39.jpeg
    453.6 KB · Views: 99
I expect it would be 6 chargers to stick with the 1:3 ratio we've seen with the other V3 supercharger installs lately. The 7 spaces looked to be for convenience in accessing the chargers and may mean that they're preparing to open them to other brands here.

Do any chargers in Australia have that style? It would be amazing if so. It's a real mystery to me why Tesla keep building these small charging stations in Australia, and chargers with 20-30 stalls overseas. I hope the inner city stations are bigger.

No not yet, as I said, I just think even with a small 6 stall charger, its worth the effort. However, these first location superchargers in Australia are probably seen as somewhat temporary, I for instance would rather have another location than to expand thissite if it became conjested. I don't think we will be seeing any of those 40 stall chargersfor a while in Australia. If there was going to be one like that, I'd expect it between Sydney and Canberra. On the pull through stalls. I think 1 stall that you can charge with a trailer attached would be awesome. Its probably pretty unique at this stage to be towing with a Tesla, I only ever tow a few times a year, and the Model 3 is not the vehicle for the purpose, so it won't be worrying me personally. Would be nice for the folks who need it however.

I have towed a trailer between Canberra and the South Coast, the Cooma Supercharger is hopeless unless it is late and the carpark is empty. Even then you have to park sideways across the chargers and watch for anyone else coming in that needs a charge. Same deal with Chargefox Cooma although there is more room for maneuvering. Bega NRMA also hopeless unless it is after hours. Narooma Supercharger is better as it has a 'pull in' stall, although then you have to reverse the trailer out when you leave.