Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mornington, Vic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess it’s official! 250kw site
3E44D68A-427A-40DB-B59C-74C806357F16.jpeg

A new model from Tesla, spotted at Mornington SC Monday 17 Oct.
View attachment 864848
That's a good way to get your car towed or a fine.

Edited: Added the legislation from the Victoria Parliament.

Reactions: johnchidgey
A FaceBook post from yesterday at the Supercharger Mornington:

youtube.comBLK411 Ignorant driver blocking 6 Tesla Superchargers Mornington Australia

I have noted this issue in other posts but this supercharger, like quite a few others, is on private property (Home Co) so neither the local council nor VicRoads has jurisdiction over it. I have written this morning to the management team at Home Co requesting their advice as to what can - or should - be done when members of the public are confronted with this selfish sort of behaviour.

Reactions: Vostok and Hairyman

youtube.comBLK411 Ignorant driver blocking 6 Tesla Superchargers Mornington Australia

I have noted this issue in other posts but this supercharger, like quite a few others, is on private property (Home Co) so neither the local council nor VicRoads has jurisdiction over it. I have written this morning to the management team at Home Co requesting their advice as to what can - or should - be done when members of the public are confronted with this selfish sort of behaviour.

Linking to Youtube via Facebook. Almost as bad as the driver blocking the chargers.

• Funny
Reactions: Chuq

Home Co can make a private parking agreement with the council if they want, and the council is amenable. It allows the council to enforce parking restrictions in the agreed area.

I received a response from Home Co management today:

"Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this matter to our attention. Your efforts are appreciated in keeping our community safe and shopping center safe.
To address the issue in the future, we suggest contacting the Homeco Shopping Centre at 1300994663, which is available 24/7. We will take the necessary steps to resolve the matter promptly."

Seems to be the most sensible approach.