Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Morris, MB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

A new Supercharger is coming soon to the Bigway Foods in Morris, Manitoba.

Morris.png

Who says replace? I assume this is an additional charger, next door to Tim's.

The floods have receded, the road is open. I saw a lot of construction equipment, thick cables, and thick orange pipe(?) on spools just south of Tim's yesterday. I wonder if Manitoba Hydro is getting a head start on supplying the service power.

The floods have receded, the road is open. I saw a lot of construction equipment, thick cables, and thick orange pipe(?) on spools just south of Tim's yesterday. I wonder if Manitoba Hydro is getting a head start on supplying the service power.
That's awesome if they get moving on it this summer. The Telsa site still says Q1 2023, but if they can get it open this fall, that would be huge. ( At least for me).

Oh. I thought when it was first posted it was Q3 2022 - maybe the flooding has pushed it back?

Morris is a fairly big town, as Manitoba goes, so there should be no problem getting sufficient power from a local feed.
You’re right. They bumped it back. I’m sure the flooding didn’t help. Maybe Elon needs to put a supercharger on a barge for these wet Manitoba springs…

… and I just checked too, no signs of construction yet. Nothing worthy of a picture.

It’s a long stretch from either Winnipeg or Prawda to Grand Forks. We just charged at Prawda, stopped here to top off a bit at the Sun Country J1772 at Timmies next door. We really need a Supercharger around here somewhere.

What you are most likely seeing is high speed internet infrastructure work going on just about everywhere lately. They use the large orange piping as their trunk line.

Might just be a rare case of the utility actually being on the ball, but I doubt they'd bother unless Tesla was making a push to get this in before everything is suddenly -20C for 3 months straight.

Next person who passes through, can you get some more pictures and/or maybe even ask an employee in the Bigway Foods?

Good. In time for winter. When we came from Grand Forks in the middle of summer doing about speed limit (75mph and then 110kph) we left Grand Forks with 267mi (430km) and got home to Winnipeg with 83km (52 mi). I think it would be touchy to make that trip in the cold months even going a bit slower.

Reactions: XHabjab
Might just be a rare case of the utility actually being on the ball, but I doubt they'd bother unless Tesla was making a push to get this in before everything is suddenly -20C for 3 months straight.
OTOH, maybe Manitoba Hydro understands the concept that stuff that needs to be ready by March or whenever should be done before the snow flies.

It's the amount of construction fence that makes me optimistic that it's not just the Hydro people planning to do something.