Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You know when you go camping with a group, and people are roasting marshmallows over the campfire? There are sometimes one or two people who use this special technique of roasting their marshmallows, where they shove it right down there into the coals and catch the thing completely on fire. And then they rotate the stick a bit with the marshmallow completely engulfed in flames so that it gets charred and blackened and burnt all over. You've seen people do that, right?

I don't get why so many people like the taste of coffee that used that technique to roast the beans.

My wife appreciated this post. She buys their filter coffee but won't drink coffee from there. She normally gets the chai if she's in a Dunkin-free zone. Her reply when I forwarded a quote of your post:

marshmallow_coffee.png

IIRCC Moses Lake was on the original "coming soon" Supercharger Map.

I guess 6+ years could be considered soon. LOL
Haha I wasn't around back then, but I remember someone telling me that Seattle had been on the map since 2014 and we finally got that one in 2019 :) I've only been following since 2016 and in that time Seattle was on the map the whole time and Moses Lake was not on it at all.

You know when you go camping with a group, and people are roasting marshmallows over the campfire? There are sometimes one or two people who use this special technique of roasting their marshmallows, where they shove it right down there into the coals and catch the thing completely on fire. And then they rotate the stick a bit with the marshmallow completely engulfed in flames so that it gets charred and blackened and burnt all over. You've seen people do that, right?

I don't get why so many people like the taste of coffee that used that technique to roast the beans.
Hmmm, that may explain why my wife likes Starbucks so much. :rolleyes::p

1. I searched the One Call digging notification and utilities locating requests in Washington state for tickets opened for excavation work on behalf of Tesla during the period from 2019-01-01 to today.
  2. Looked at the results for those tickets that made sense as potential superchargers, as opposed to things like residential solar/other work by Tesla Energy, or jobs for other companies/people with Tesla in their name, etc.
  3. The tickets list the addresses for the digging, so, for relevant tickets, I determined which jurisdiction would issue any relevant building/electrical permits and searched to see whether those jurisdictions publicly reported "applied for" or issued permits and/or made them searchable via the internet.
  4. Since I knew Washington state has an additional statewide permitting system for most electrical work, I also searched WA's L&I database for electrical work at those addresses.
As far as I know, very little of the method I used in this case is applicable to Canadian locations as I don't think they use these types of databases. At least, in all the threads I've read on Canadian locations no one has ever mentioned using them to find one or track progress. It's relatively common for US locations.

I tried your magic with Oregon and didn't find anything from the start of this year. Do you know any other tricks for that state, or is it really likely that even though Tesla has a couple "coming soon" sites they literally haven't done ANYTHING in Oregon since January...

Really wish a Boardman, OR charger would start showing up in permits/early construction. That would really make trips back from Portland to Tri City area or even more North much easier on the SR+. As is right now you need to hit like 80%+ on a SR+ at the Dallas to be able to make it... and we all know after about 50% you start slowing down in charge rate. You should just be able to slide into Boardman from Portland with a SR+ and then only need to charge for about 6 to 7 minutes to get enough to get back into the Tri Cities or the Kennewick, WA supercharger. (If you didn't want to run that low or your battery has degraded some then the Dallas would only need to be like a 5 minutes stop and then again like 5 minutes in Boardman... those short stops are nothing compared to a 20+ minute stop at one charger)

Reactions: lnsh
I tried your magic with Oregon and didn't find anything from the start of this year. Do you know any other tricks for that state, or is it really likely that even though Tesla has a couple "coming soon" sites they literally haven't done ANYTHING in Oregon since January...

Ugh...say it ain't so. I understand there are less drivers in Oregon than WA or BC but I'd really love some development down in Oregon. Personally, a Roseburg, Madras, Burns, or Hood River SC would be very useful.

Ugh...say it ain't so. I understand there are less drivers in Oregon than WA or BC but I'd really love some development down in Oregon. Personally, a Roseburg, Madras, Burns, or Hood River SC would be very useful.
Absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence. Just because something isn't found using this technique doesn't mean nothing is happening. First, if the dig tickets aren't listed as being on behalf of Tesla but rather on behalf of the GC or the engineering firm used for a specific site, the search obviously isn't going to find them without knowing who they are and searching for them as well. But that's a more marginal argument. The bigger deal is that there's a lot of work in pre-construciton site development that happens before ground is ever going to be broken (ergo, no digging notifications). Sometimes years worth of it. This method of searching isn't often going to find evidence of that. So, in theory, it's entirely possible that there are a dozen locations being seriously developed in Oregon right now, just they aren't yet to the point of getting built. Etc.

Since Tesla's communications on supercharger development is somewhere between vague and non-existent, it's really hard to draw any conclusions about actual progress in areas where people haven't independently found something, which is unnecessarily frustrating for their customers. But at least it makes the searching for new sites interesting. Sometimes you just have to take your silver tin linings where you can.

Recon soon - unless somebody beats me to it.
Moses Lake Reconnaissance Report: Construction Detected
Recon mission completed on 9/13/2019 at 1230
Capacity: 12 Stalls total, 1 ea. trailer-capable
Conduit and partial foundations installed.
Recon Image Data: Upload Complete

Attachments

• IMG_20190913_122132826_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190913_122132826_HDR.jpg
    779 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_20190913_122005745_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190913_122005745_HDR.jpg
    836.9 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_20190913_121933727_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190913_121933727_HDR.jpg
    677.4 KB · Views: 207
I think you're forgetting about southern traffic. Until we get Yakima, southern traffic especially is a really really long stretch from TriCities to Cle Elum in an SR+. ABRP puts an SR+ from Kennewick to CleElum limited to 62mph if you leave Kennewick at 80%. That makes Ellensburg almost essential to South Eastern Washington drivers.

Don't forget traffic headed towards (or from) The Dalles. Cle Elum <=> The Dalles is 161 hilly miles. It's easy from Ellensburg, but sketchy from Cle Elum. Yakima solves that problem too.

-Snortybartfast

It did not. Just stopped on our way to Spokane. Really hoping all the Plugshare reports that Ritzville is working are accurate! :eek::p

View attachment 481765
I was just in Ritzville on Friday driving my new Model 3 home! It was working - there were two of us there charging. Can't remember the exact rates off the top of my head, but it wasn't awful.