Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• IMG_20200103_210037_699.jpg
    IMG_20200103_210037_699.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 138
Need to go on a empty battery, so i can see if I can get the full 250kw. Above 60% there isn't much difference between v2 and v3 (as I understand it)
The other thing is the battery temperature needs to be optimal to get full speed. That will be difficult if you live in ML, as it would need a fair bit of driving, with the Supercharger selected as a destination, so it preconditions the battery.

Do they shut off if that pedestal isn't working?
If there's no electricity running to the pedestal, it won't light up. But there are times when the pedestal is lit up and it has electricity, but something else isn't working so seeing the pedestal lit up doesn't necessarily mean that it's working. I've never seen one that is working not lit up, but I suppose it's theoretically possible.

Update. Stopped by Monday and things were charging at about what a 150 Kw site normally provides, 80 Kw at 1/2 full (car map icon still says limited/closed). Photo below. We drive a M3 LR rear wheel drive.

Also stopped at ritzville for a quick bump at 1/2 full and only pulled @ 50 Kw.
goneskian, will give you a Road to Tucson update soon, just getting home now, had an awesome trip. We did go 101 in California since I-5 at the Siskiyou pass to Redding was closed both times we approached, more later.

Attachments

• 747F3F18-CB76-4985-8DAB-7125DAA65679.jpeg
    747F3F18-CB76-4985-8DAB-7125DAA65679.jpeg
    381.4 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: goneskiian
Seems like it's taking Tesla a bit to crank up these V3's to full V3 speeds.

Thanks! I look forward to your suggestions. I'm leaning toward heading over through Utah though. Haven't checked the weather forecast yet though. Don't want to take more 2.5-3 days of driving. Might be at least that though as it's about all the driving per day I'm willing to tolerate. Ugh. What I do to avoid flying for 3 hours! :rolleyes::p

‘skiian, Utah should be faster to Tucson for sure, weather permitting. I drove to Kanab UT last spring, with a night at a hotel Destination Charger in Burley ID on the way down and one in Boise on the way back. On both journeys we found good accommodations using hotel chargers as our filter. Flying is more than a 3 hour cruise...
Enjoy the trip and have fun (and take chains).

‘skiian, Utah should be faster to Tucson for sure, weather permitting. I drove to Kanab UT last spring, with a night at a hotel Destination Charger in Burley ID on the way down and one in Boise on the way back. On both journeys we found good accommodations using hotel chargers as our filter. Flying is more than a 3 hour cruise...
Enjoy the trip and have fun (and take chains).
Thanks! Yeah, a couple hotel/destination charger stops will be in order for sure. Planning on shooting for Boise (and the Oxford Suites at the SC) for the first night, and Kanab, or maybe Beaver, the second night. Have my snow tires on!

Reactions: 3'sterly
  • Funny
Reactions: Vega Bluestar
I've done the trip from Tucson to the Seattle area via Utah a few times in our S. However, I didn't go through Kanab. Went through Vegas. Charged at the following Superchargers: Wickenburg, Kingman (for 10 min), Henderson, St George, Beaver, Nephi, Tremonton, Twin Falls, Boise, Baker City, Kennewick, Clu Elum.(Ellensburg the first time, but not now) Never had to wait for a supercharger, and only Kingman was kinda full. Broke the trip up into 3 days- Overnight in Vegas, Tremonton and Kennewick. Made day 3 pretty short. This was in an S 85.

Came back via I-5 one time- I-5 Superchargers can be pretty busy. It was 2 years ago and had to share stalls in a few locations, I can't imagine what it's like now. If I was willing to take 4 days to make the trip, maybe I'd do I-5, but unless the weather is extremely bad, I'd take my chances going through the WA,OR,ID,UT,NV,AZ route.

Did the 101 thing in an Infiniti G35 Coupe a few years ago because I-5 closed north of Redding, had to back track nearly to Sacramento on that trip, added an extra 600 miles to the trip-

I've done the trip from Tucson to the Seattle area via Utah a few times in our S. However, I didn't go through Kanab. Went through Vegas. Charged at the following Superchargers: Wickenburg, Kingman (for 10 min), Henderson, St George, Beaver, Nephi, Tremonton, Twin Falls, Boise, Baker City, Kennewick, Clu Elum.(Ellensburg the first time, but not now) Never had to wait for a supercharger, and only Kingman was kinda full. Broke the trip up into 3 days- Overnight in Vegas, Tremonton and Kennewick. Made day 3 pretty short. This was in an S 85.

Came back via I-5 one time- I-5 Superchargers can be pretty busy. It was 2 years ago and had to share stalls in a few locations, I can't imagine what it's like now. If I was willing to take 4 days to make the trip, maybe I'd do I-5, but unless the weather is extremely bad, I'd take my chances going through the WA,OR,ID,UT,NV,AZ route.

Did the 101 thing in an Infiniti G35 Coupe a few years ago because I-5 closed north of Redding, had to back track nearly to Sacramento on that trip, added an extra 600 miles to the trip-
Thanks!

Going to shoot for just 2 overnights. Need to get there the 4th.

Thanks!

Going to shoot for just 2 overnights. Need to get there the 4th.
We are off topic again, but the best overnight options on that trip are Boise, Tremonton, Beaver and Page where the superchargers are at hotels. The hotel near the Beaver supercharger is kind of meh, but the others seem nice. I've stayed at the Tremonton supercharger a couple times.

I mentioned Page because if the weather is decent, driving Beaver->Page->Flagstaff-PHX will be faster and more scenic than driving Beaver->Vegas->PHX. But definitely check the weather because the Page route has some extremely high elevations that can get crushed by winter snowstorms. Also be sure to charge to near 100% if you attempt that leg because it's 185 miles and that could be tight in winter.

• Informative
Reactions: goneskiian