Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This charger is still showing reduced service. Should I be skipping it on my trip Friday (1/31) or are the 4 stalls the app is showing working normally with the other 8 down? Moses Lake, North Bump jump sure beats Ritzville and cautious drive to Cle Elum.

This charger is still showing reduced service. Should I be skipping it on my trip Friday (1/31) or are the 4 stalls the app is showing working normally with the other 8 down? Moses Lake, North Bump jump sure beats Ritzville and cautious drive to Cle Elum.
Things were humming just fine last Monday, should be a faster charge than Ritzville for sure. Only 4 of the 12 spots were coned off then. That said, keep your options open...

Attachments

• EB1723AD-EED0-4F19-858C-BA6006F3BCA1.jpeg
    EB1723AD-EED0-4F19-858C-BA6006F3BCA1.jpeg
    881.1 KB · Views: 109
  • Informative
Reactions: Araman0
Things were humming just fine last Monday, should be a faster charge than Ritzville for sure. Only 4 of the 12 spots were coned off then. That said, keep your options open...
Awesome. Thanks. I’ll throw in a buffer to make it to Ellensburg (ugh) if Moses Lake doesn’t work. I’ll probably go Moses Lake, Cle Elum and get a healthy buffer before the pass just to be safe. The number of charging options has made an already manageable trip even better.

We are off topic again, but the best overnight options on that trip are Boise, Tremonton, Beaver and Page where the superchargers are at hotels. The hotel near the Beaver supercharger is kind of meh, but the others seem nice. I've stayed at the Tremonton supercharger a couple times.

I mentioned Page because if the weather is decent, driving Beaver->Page->Flagstaff-PHX will be faster and more scenic than driving Beaver->Vegas->PHX. But definitely check the weather because the Page route has some extremely high elevations that can get crushed by winter snowstorms. Also be sure to charge to near 100% if you attempt that leg because it's 185 miles and that could be tight in winter.
Thanks for this. Sorry to keep it off topic, but I was actually planning to do the Beaver-Page-Flag route. I was eyeing that Quality Inn in Beaver but was also hoping to make it to Kanab where there are destination chargers at 2 different hotels. The intel on the road elevation and possible weather considerations is much appreciated. It sounds like I would rather do that drive in the am when I'm fresh instead of at night when I'm smoked from driving all day.