Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mountain View, CA (12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One more picture from another angle!
image.jpg

Will be interesting to see how it plays out. I could see lots of peninsula owners never needing this SC as it would be so close to home that it isn't worth it to make a stop vs charging at home. Google is really close by, and has lots of Tesla owners, but has dozens of chargers for employees. Would it be worth it to charge here if there is free charging at work? Seems like an extra trip/waste of 30-60mins. Probably will be busy though. Free is pretty powerful.

Supercharger - Mountain View, CA

12 stalls? I'm not sure twice that would be enough. Right in the heart of Silicon Valley, which probably has more Teslas per capita that any other 5 locations in the world combined. Be prepared to wait...
Tesla can always add more SC sites. It's not that hard. This new SC is a good start at better meeting the needs of SF Peninsula owners, and will hopefully encourage potential buyers in the are who live in apartments and condos that cannot provide power to parking spaces.

Coupled with the new 8 stall SC in San Mateo I think this is great for the Bay Area! I'm betting that within 6 months or so we will see a a new Supercharger site in San Francisco proper.

Tesla can always add more SC sites. It's not that hard. This new SC is a good start at better meeting the needs of SF Peninsula owners, and will hopefully encourage potential buyers in the are who live in apartments and condos that cannot provide power to parking spaces.

Coupled with the new 8 stall SC in San Mateo I think this is great for the Bay Area! I'm betting that within 6 months or so we will see a a new Supercharger site in San Francisco proper.

I don't know that it's that easy either. The main problem is finding a site, where the land owner is willing to let Tesla lease the space for free.

I would love to see an SC in SF proper. This is the last piece of the puzzle I'm waiting for before I pull the trigger. I live in a building built in the 30's and share my garage with 4 other cars. Installing a power line to charge the MS is not an option for me, and I'll rely on SCs and other public chargers.

I think an SC in Mission Bay or Dogpatch would make sense. Close enough to the 280 and 101 to be beneficial to people passing through, and far enough away from most of the city population that people who don't need to use the SC are not likely to make a special trip to charge. Also I suspect there's more available real estate than other more developed parts of the city.

It is a great location. I bet the number of Teslas that drive past there, either on 101 or Shoreline, easily number in the hundreds and probably in the thousands/day.

The CHM is a fun place to wander around in. Kinda bittersweet for me though, as I had an office there before it was the CHM. (And had an office in the googleplex before it was the googleplex.)

Pedestal covers being installed.... Minor site clean up.... this may go live next week!!!

from yesterday.... the pole connections ran down the south side of the telephone pole. Pic.
image.jpg

They even make it look like the Tesla logo!!

Last edited:
Pictures from today. Tomorrow: asphalt; possible light pole installation although I think that will be Monday. Striping? Some pedestals still need cables etc. Perhaps a late next week opening. ...and yes.. There is a Bi-directional battery pack in the enclosure.

NEXT: Another supercharger in-- Las Vegas NV, and Lake Tahoe CA, Santa Rosa CA & Dublin CA. T
Pictures from MountainView CA.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
On to today's activity....Light posts ARE going up this morning.... That's all I know at the moment as people text me what they see after they drive by. They sit high in their trucks and they text report after passing. ..... I usually visit the site first hand later in the day and photo report changes; activity etc:cool:

Last edited by a moderator: