Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mountain View, CA (12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are more pictures taken just hours ago.
From what I gathered, the stalls are powered up, and the site should go live on June 9th, coinciding with the TSLA shareholder meeting.

mountainview01.JPG

mountainview02.JPG

mountainview03.JPG

SC cables; testing; connections and more testing. The site looks great under the LED lights. The landlord owns the metal halide parking lot lights. The landlord M A Y switch over to LED's, but it'll be a while!! This site will go live in approximate two weeks... YES ... 2 weeks! Apparently there is still a lot to be coordinated prior to 'gates open fence down.' I'm outta the area but have great eyes on this site. I'll post when able, but it's up to others from here to completion. No photos tonight!

Tyl might know more than I, but I drove by late last night ... and ran into some friendly Tesla Employees, burning the midnight electricity. I say it looks like it could be days away, and they were a little more conservative saying it may be more like "weeks". Though, they indicated they were pretty much done from their said, and it was more other red tape, procedural things. Days or weeks ... could be still be yet this month.

I forgot their names ... but very friendly and seemed excited.

I stopped by around lunchtime today and there were no work trucks inside the fence. However, there were several Model S vehicles with the hatch open and people working on the pedestals. I assume the Supercharger team is more hands-on with this one than most others given the upcoming meeting and the proximity to HQ and the factory.

Was just over there and there were a bunch of Model S hooked up and the Superchargers were all opened up with test equipment attached.
I took some pix over the fence, but then someone yelled back 'no pictures please' so I won't be posting them here.
It looked like maybe the Tesla labels will be lighted on these stations... (?)

They then (also) said that the site will likely be open next week.

Last edited:
Humm...... that's a lot of testing!!!! Wondering.... could these possibly be 150kWh superchargers?? I've only seen. 135kWh ......but all the testing makes me wonder.

Yeah, guess that would make sense! It would make for a good press release during the Stockholders meeting to be held there on Tuesday. "Tesla announces even further reduced charge times through their latest Supercharger innovation".

(To make sure: just speculating here)

As the one who did some exhaustive testing of supercharger times (see my blog for references), there has to be something up.

I remember one quote somewhere that Tesla was surprised that we checked their numbers in the real world. If they do announce faster charging tomorrow, they know we will check (at least I will)

I remember charging in Macon, GA before it was officially open. No Tesla people in sight.

Was just over there and there were a bunch of Model S hooked up and the Superchargers were all opened up with test equipment attached.
I took some pix over the fence, but then someone yelled back 'no pictures please' so I won't be posting them here.
It looked like maybe the Tesla labels will be lighted on these stations... (?)

They then (also) said that the site will likely be open next week.

I stopped by just before midnight, and found 2 Tesla employees doing some last minute checking. They said they expect this supercharger site to open around 2-4pm today (June 9), in time for the shareholder's meeting.

Well the meeting starts at 2pm and Teslas will start arriving in the parking lot well before then, so it seems likely that the Superchargers will be available for charging before 2.

Before 2pm if there is no relevant announcement or a small announcement today at the meeting. After 2pm if they will demo something at the meeting.
Possible announcements could be things like
* faster charging
* combining batteries with supercharging for lower cost
* a deal with another manufacturer to let their cars charge at superchargers... Or even without a deal, a way customers can do it.
* a method to balance appropriately between people who charge regularly at their home charger versus long distance travel.
* maybe they just want to fill it with model X cars for people to view for the meeting.
* something else entirely

150kW, not kWh.

Remember that even if the power output per Supercharger Cabinet increases from 135 kW to 150 kW, it is very likely that the power to each Stall and car will still be limited to a maximum of 120 kW; it will be the combined power shared between two stalls that will increase.

The current Superchargers require about 150 kW AC in to produce 135 kW DC out; they have approximately 90% conversion efficiency.