Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mountain View, CA (12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is a long weekend and a lot of people are going away on long trips. Gilroy also get's very congested on Fridays and Sundays with people heading up and down the coast.

Tesla has stated Friday and Sunday afternoons are peak usage times for Superchargers in general. Friday when people are leaving for weekend trips, Sunday when they are returning. Holidays are the other peak times.

I stumbled across it on Sunday since I was at the Computer History Museum. Was surprised to see where it was located. I don't even have a car that can use it.

Virtually all of the stalls were available late Sunday afternoon/early evening.

I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of local tech workers w/Supercharger-enabled Model S end up using them since it's within a short walk of Microsoft and not far from a bunch of other tech companies nearby. I doubt Googlers would come use them much since they have a lot of L2 infrastructure on their campus.

Got to use this local-to-me SC briefly at around 7 pm last night as we were running on fumes... er... low on electrons after a direct hop from Harris Ranch. The new cables are super easy to maneuver. Only one other car was there briefly; they appeared to be new owner locals just testing things out.

I was just there a few hours ago (also directly from Harris Ranch) on the way home -- This was a bit after 11pm on a Monday. Four other cars charging when I got there, two of which looked like Tesla employees charging-up two MFG-plate cars. New cables are very nice. Feels even thinner than the UMC cable.

Love the new cables. Nice and cool...

image.jpg

I am not a nor cal local, but when I visited this is definitely one of the locations I try to avoid if possible. I got lucky I got a spot when I arrived late at night but through out my time there, it was full and some people were waiting. Also some owners were not curtious. I am debating if I should release video of the license plates of the users who was done charging but leaving their car plugged in.

Looks like the line got a little crazy at 2PM today. Seems like a strange time of day for such a long backlog. Wonder if it was experiencing problems.

Line for Mountain View Superchargers at 2pm today. Lots of cars are also choosing not to wait. • /r/teslamotors
Very sad state of affairs for the supercharges needed by distance travelers... Tesla needs to rectify this. I would personally be willing to pay a fee if it stopped the random local folks from saving a few pennies and keeping the folks on a trip from getting a charge.

I got a spot when I arrived late at night but through out my time there, it was full and some people were waiting. Also some owners were not curtious. I am debating if I should release video of the license plates of the users who was done charging but leaving their car plugged in.
How late at night were you there?

Also, how could you tell a car was "done charging" when still plugged in?

Just trying to understand the situation at that charger. I live about 15 miles away and have never charged there, nor do I plan to.