Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mountain View, CA (12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TexasEV, I bet they are either decompressing in their cars (know I love just sitting in ours sometimes) or are working on their phones/tablets. Maybe filling up or topping off for a sometimes long drive home after work too. Some people have crazy commutes to work. Hubby works on the Peninsula and works with people who drive in from Monterey or Central Valley, so quite a good round trip each day. Lots of long distance travelers coming through too. Met a few from the LA/SanDiego area heading towards SF or beyond and will instead stop at Gilroy to avoid the lines further up the Peninsula.

Last edited:
TexasEV, I bet they are either decompressing in their cars (know I love just sitting in ours sometimes) or are working on their phones/tablets. Maybe filling up or topping off for a sometimes long drive home after work too. Some people have crazy commutes to work. Hubby works on the Peninsula and works with people who drive in from Monterey or Central Valley, so quite a good round trip each day. Lots of long distance travelers coming through too. Met a few from the LA/SanDiego area heading towards SF or beyond and will instead stop at Gilroy to avoid the lines further up the Peninsula.

Yeah, for anyone planning a trip THROUGH the Bay Area, you'll be much happier if you are not DEPENDENT on Mountain View, San Mateo or Fremont. The outer ones are usually ok.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
These Tesla owners are likely highly paid people. Don't they have a more productive use for their time?

I was thinking exactly the same thing. Best to charge at home and skip the lines in CA. I've seen a valet before at these lines, not sure if you can just drop your keys off with them and let them plug it in and move when done?

Hubby is waiting to charge there now, a few cars in front of him and now a few behind him so he called while lined up to charge. Sees an attendant there. Are you guys aware there's a "Tesla Wash" available there? Don't think anyone has mentioned this before and since we are hardly ever at this location don't know how long it's been there. As he was pulling up to line up he noticed their sign along with one of the little kids' Model S's there kind of promoting the hand wash. More if he sends me photos of it. He's having them vacuum out the interior. He came up with this seasonal song while sitting there...12 Teslas charging, 11 Teslas waiting...

IMG_5563.JPG
IMG_5562.JPG

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: McManX
Wish I had been there to talk to him directly instead of getting relayed through my husband. Never meant to imply he was an employee if that's what people came away thinking. Got the impression from my husband that Tesla knows about this (hard to think not with the valet and others there charging) and if they can work out the site logistics they might add another location starting out again on weekends and see how that one goes. Telsa added attendants at sites to improve the charging experience, they're adding coffee shop/lounge areas, and I think this type of service (and environmentally conscience) would be a benefit to busy owners. Really doubt Tesla wants to be in the car washing business.

We've been getting our car washed in Redwood City at EcoGreen Auto Clean (love it btw) and this seems to be a very similar operation and cleaning fluids, but on a much smaller. Eco has a permanent location with several lanes for cars to line up, an indoor waiting room for customers with coffee, store area to sell the products (nice to have on hand for touchups at home) and even washer/dryers to launder their microfiber cloths throughout the day. They do a pretty good volume. For this type of service to be offered to Tesla owners while they charge I think is great.

Last edited:
Reactions: McManX
We've been getting our car washed in Redwood City at EcoGreen Auto Clean (love it btw) and this seems to be a very similar operation and cleaning fluids, but on a much smaller. Eco has a permanent location with several lanes for cars to line up, an indoor waiting room for customers with coffee, store area to sell the products (nice to have on hand for touchups at home) and even washer/dryers to launder their microfiber cloths throughout the day. They do a pretty good volume. For this type of service to be offered to Tesla owners while they charge I think is great.

I too have only had my car washed in two places:
EcoGreen in Redwood City
Tesla dealerships when under service

I may try this guy sometime. Love the no water wash method!