Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mountain View, CA (12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
14329369550961317884750.jpg

Lighting: New LED overhead lights=Great. Old mega watt Metal halide bulbs = bad. The old metal halide overhead lamps which are very watt intensive just don't seem to fit this nice new Tesla Supercharging site! Let's hope at least the three old overhead lamps will get switched out for the efficient LED's. These older metal halide appear to be 400 watt bulbs!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Nope, not ready yet. If you look at the site from the other side you can see that there are no housings on the other side of the pedestals. Plus no charging cables, except for the stall closest to camera. Need to repaint the lines on the lot as well.

I wonder if this site is going to be live before the June 9th shareholders meeting. The parking lot is going to be full of Teslas, including mine. It will be great to have for people coming from outside the Bay Area.

I'll be in my orange Roadster...just to stand out from the crowd of Model S's. 

I'll have my white Roadster. And the Superchargers won't do either of us a bit of good. :) I'll probably try to top off over at corporate hq before heading over.

@Kendrick... Nothing I can do.... see picture orientation thread.

See here: uploading attached images - Page 2

post 40 this thread.

Sure there is. From the iOS Photos app, tap "edit" and then the crop icon. Rotate the image 90 degrees. Click done. Repeat the process, but rotate 270 degree. (You could probably do 180/180, as well, but I didn't test that.) Now you can upload the image and it should be correct.

It sucks that you have to do this, to get around what is either a browser or vBulletin bug, but it works.

Doug, this looks like they are open for business... any input?
Nope, not yet. I was out biking the other day running some local errands when I stopped by to take a photo. Last I checked the area was still fenced off.

I wonder if this site is going to be live before the June 9th shareholders meeting.
I'm sure that's the goal.

Sure there is. From the iOS Photos app, tap "edit" and then the crop icon. Rotate the image 90 degrees. Click done. Repeat the process, but rotate 270 degree. (You could probably do 180/180, as well, but I didn't test that.) Now you can upload the image and it should be correct.

It sucks that you have to do this, to get around what is either a browser or vBulletin bug, but it works.

This comes from the way the JPEG's are stored in the iPhone and many other smart phones. The image is stored in the default orientation with a meta tag indicating rotation. This appears to be a problem in the vBulletin software because if you "left-click" to open the image in it's own tab, at least Chrome will display the image correctly.

It seems that if you edit the image in some way, either on the phone or a computer-classic, the JPEG is stored in the correct orientation without the meta-tag with the new save, and all are happy.

Edit the image in some (even trivial) way, then upload. Let's see if that helps.

BTW, I love all the photos, keep them coming in whatever orientation...

SC cables; testing; connections and more testing. The site looks great under the LED lights. The landlord owns the metal halide parking lot lights. The landlord M A Y switch over to LED's, but it'll be a while!! This site will go live in approximate two weeks... YES ... 2 weeks! Apparently there is still a lot to be coordinated prior to 'gates open fence down.' I'm outta the area but have great eyes on this site. I'll post when able, but it's up to others from here to completion. No photos tonight!